Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend x
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hello chaps and chapesesses.

Apologies for the tardy replies the internet here is shocking and I've asked them to send someone out - will I post tonight or won't I - its a whole whirlwind.

HI hope you have a great weekend too! And, the sun shines.

Cheery and Starnac - thanks chums its just showing me it was good to go I guess, but still sad about it and the lack of wages until who knows when.

Weekend has been busy off to update the spends and the pots.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2017 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Friday spends - mutt food, reduced food and some stuff from the whole food shop - £16
    Saturday spends - reduced gubbins £7 and biscuits for work
    Gas for the cooker £33.99

Friday saw us come home with half a bucket of not-so-good plums, the same of redcurrants and some beans/spinach and peas and a bucket of white rot onions that need prepped and frozen to stop that nonsense now they can't be stored.

Have a huge pot of the chinese plum sauce started.
    Made two pots of raspberry and redcurrant jam
    3 bottles of redcurrant cordial
    and a huge pot of barely soup with chicken drumsticks used for stock (they were reduced) and I'll strip them for the soup. Makes for interesting soups if you think a bit out of the box when seeing reduced meat you'd not normally like.
    Also bagged up 7 bags of dahl for lunches and threw them into the freezer

Was a busy wee night but worth it for the free/needing sorted grub.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Could you just close one OD down meantime?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hey Beanie - I guess I could but I'm terrified. Of what I'm just not sure. Overdrafts are like comfort blankets - but do we really need them (or in my case, two?)

*thanks - I'm pondering* I use them both to the max every month as my wages now 'live there'.

Food for thought thank you.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Morning lands - just a glorious day here - hope you're all well today in the lands of MSE.

Just having a wee wake up cuppa and boiling up some 'wing dings' - chicken wing bones to make some stock - if Nigella can take bones home from dinner parties I'm sure I can snatch them out of folks hands when they have a nibbly tea here. MIL here and been having a wee wander with her.

Today I'm hoping for a garden makeover day - might actually spend a full 8 hours in my own patch for a change and see what I can get done. I'm literally falling over wooden pallets and whilst they burn well, they're not bonnie so they need to be transmogrified into square logs.

Both DS and DD doing fine in the lands of NZ. Nice to have internet to be able to talk to them.

DH has released funds to book birthday trip next year to the land of the maples and bears. Got an incredibly good deal and as the lovely lady down on the telephone was super handy we've booked our xmas trip too. My word did she work her little socks off getting not one fabulous deal for us but two. After a long ponder and some research we called her back specifically (I'm sure they work on comission) and booked - what a great lady and lovely to actually end up talking to someone for a while. DH mighty pleased with both deals on trips. He's paying for one and I'm half paying for the other. All on a 0% card so will be paid off long before we go.

Right breakfast then time for some list making and gardening.

Morning world.

PS 18k steps yesterday not much good but MIL can't mega walk like we can, snuck out for a walk later before bed but no way I was getting up to 20k as me eyes were just rolling in me head.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have a lovely day :)

Sounds like lovely holiday plans :D x
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hey HiddenIndentity have a great one yourself!

Weekly debt:

Week one of new diary - thank you folks for coming and helping me.

Current debt was £5705.40
    Debt today - £5600

Great news and a bit of focus this end a wee cheer and a wee woop.

Focusing on PAD's but not going crazy has helped I'm very bad at huge PAD's and then oh dear no money for cornflakes.

Regular monthly payment to cards is activated so avoiding late charges and forgetfulness.

Putting petrol and grub spends budget into their own online saver helping to capture spends.

Work has been generous this week with its scabby but edible bounty.

Reduced bargains have been generous too.

Making sure we both have lunches and breakfasts for work is hugely helping too.

Really need to focus on eating what we have than too much squirrelling unless the squirrelling is into the larder and not wasteful.

Still have a goodly amount in the budgets

Wages still have about £800 left in the account. And an invoice of £500 outstanding.
    Petrol £150.16/200
    Grub £79.67/200

Almost half way through the month so that's OK I guess and I did put the gas bottle in the grub budget .

Progress me dears, progress.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    All sounding good
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Definitely progress and all in the right direction :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income