Hermes failure to pay compensation

Options
In Feb of this year Hermes took delivery of my parcel the failed to deliver. After a number of promises that it was being delivered on specific days they finally admitted they had lost it - and then found it, then list it - you get the picture! In April of this year they accepted my claim for £25 compensation and despite dozens of messages to them have failed to pay it, thus again despite several messages saying it was being processed. I tried to process a complaint via the retail ombudsman but they admit that Hermes have failed to cooperate in the past so won't take my claim. What really hurts is that the parcel contained cloth bags for cancer patients that I make - over 25 of them. The £25 is barely the first of the fabric...I now have no heart to make more. Can anyone advise of further action?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taking to social media is one method that might work, they appear to have Twitter and Facebook accounts. Make sure you mention the cancer connection, they'll be quicker to want to resolve it if it looks like they are depriving cancer patients.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Haydnsnana wrote: »
    In Feb of this year Hermes took delivery of my parcel the failed to deliver. After a number of promises that it was being delivered on specific days they finally admitted they had lost it - and then found it, then list it - you get the picture! In April of this year they accepted my claim for £25 compensation and despite dozens of messages to them have failed to pay it, thus again despite several messages saying it was being processed. I tried to process a complaint via the retail ombudsman but they admit that Hermes have failed to cooperate in the past so won't take my claim. What really hurts is that the parcel contained cloth bags for cancer patients that I make - over 25 of them. The £25 is barely the first of the fabric...I now have no heart to make more. Can anyone advise of further action?

If they are worth more than £25 why didn't you pay for a higher amount of insurance?.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure