Mis sold personal loan agreement

Options

Comments

• Nothappy200
    Options
    I've also received a letter from this company today, advising me I owe them £792 for damage over and above industry fair wear and tear. I has the car for just under 3 years, it had very low mileage and just a few scratches and one tiny dent on drivers door. The guy that collected the car gave me a printout of vehicle details of which I glanced over briefly, he was unable to take photos as said his hand held computer devise was not working. Unfortunately I stupidly did not think to take photos as my own evidence as would not expect Peugeot to be using a rip off cowboy outfit. I have received a letter detailing damage that was most definitely not on the car when it was taken away, with some very dodgy photos apparently showing huge marks/scrapes that were not there! Interestingly my letter also states a dent in the roof and a golf ball size dent in door! I don't know where we go from here, but I can guarantee they will not get a penny from me.
  • Unkilj
    Unkilj Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi to all above. I have today received a letter from this outfit and share your frustrations and disgust - they are asking me for £550. I am being charged for excess mileage to the tune of £197 which is bogus as they have just made up a figure on the statement which is not the actual mileage at all (I am, in fact, 3000+ miles under but do you think there will be a rebate/discount for that...not a chance). They are charging me £65 for a machine polish!! I'm pretty sure that nowhere in my contract does it say that I have to clean and polish the car. I tried to call them today but there was nobody to take the call, went straight to a message service. As soon as I have a discussion with them I will post back and let you know what happened and encourage you all to do the same, otherwise forums like this are merely a whine-fest and provide nothing useful in the way of ammunition to use in the fight against companies like this.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unkilj wrote: »
    Hi to all above. I have today received a letter from this outfit and share your frustrations and disgust - they are asking me for £550. I am being charged for excess mileage to the tune of £197 which is bogus as they have just made up a figure on the statement which is not the actual mileage at all (I am, in fact, 3000+ miles under but do you think there will be a rebate/discount for that...not a chance). They are charging me £65 for a machine polish!! I'm pretty sure that nowhere in my contract does it say that I have to clean and polish the car. I tried to call them today but there was nobody to take the call, went straight to a message service. As soon as I have a discussion with them I will post back and let you know what happened and encourage you all to do the same, otherwise forums like this are merely a whine-fest and provide nothing useful in the way of ammunition to use in the fight against companies like this.

Do you have anything to back up what you say about the mileage ?
  • Unkilj
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Do you have anything to back up what you say about the mileage ?

Yeah, it's in multiple places, the collection condition report, the auction companies report and in a photo they sent me, which is why I'm very confused by the figure they gave. They will just have to re-quote.
  • Gilwells
    Options
    Hi Sazzy23,

I've only just returned to this post so sorry for the delay in replying.

I've since had another letter giving me 7 days to pay up or they will take me to court.

They have also rung me several times and I've told them that if they get Citroen Financial Services to confirm directly to me that the amount due is correct then I would pay it. That confirmation has never been forthcoming - surprise, surprise!

I've just sent them another letter, my 4th so far telling them that I'm not paying them as what they are asking is not what my agreement with Citroen says I must pay, so we'll see what happens from here.

Nothing that this company has said or done convinces me anything other than that they are con merchants.
  • Unkilj
    Options
    I have just got off the phone with one of their staff. They said they would remove the excess mileage charges (of course because it was 8000 miles less then what they said I had done!). They would also remove the "machine polish" for £65 after I stated that nowhere in my contract did it say that I have to clean and polish the car - but wouldn't budge on any of the other outstanding damage claims.

What I found really strange was when he asked me what I was willing to pay! They are going to re-quote me and I'll take it from there (from £550 now down to £280). I am about to write to Peugeot. I will keep you all posted.
  • Gilwells
    Options
    I would advise everybody who receives a demand for money from RMS Receivables not to pay it unless they get written confirmation from the finance/lease company of the correct amount (if any) due.

DO NOT TRUST WHAT RMS ARE SAYING!!
  • Unkilj
    Options
    Gilwells wrote: »
    I would advise everybody who receives a demand for money from RMS Receivables not to pay it unless they get written confirmation from the finance/lease company of the correct amount (if any) due.

DO NOT TRUST WHAT RMS ARE SAYING!!

Hi Gilwells. Thanks for the advice, was hoping you could clarify. Is this advise from your experience? Has this worked for you? Have they waived/dropped the fees?
  • Gilwells
    Options
    Hi Unkilj,

The last contact I had from RMS was their letter threatening legal action unless I paid up. I replied to that saying I had no intention of paying that amount and if they wanted to take it to court, then fine, I would defend the claim as it was not what my agreement with Citroen stated would have to be paid.

I've heard nothing since then but it's only been a few days.

My point is that you cannot take on face value what RMS are claiming you must pay. It seems to me that they are trying it on with everybody. There are no doubt some people who would be frightened enough to just pay up and it's those people who RMS are preying on.

Scum in my view!
  • Unkilj
    Options
    Thanks again for the response Gilwells, appreciate it. I do agree that they try it on.

After lots and back and forth with them and loads of "requotes" (It went from £550 - £350 - £285 - £175 - £120 - £0) they sent me a confirmation today that I have no outstanding balance with them.

What did it in the end was on their original inspection report when they came to collect the car "Could not check fully due to: Dark" was ticked but on my copy there was no tick which technically means that a full inspection was carried out and only minor damage was noted and that the tick was put in after I had signed.

So I'm obviously happy with the outcome and my advice, at least what worked for me, is to be as meticulous as possible and double check every detail. I hope that is some help to others going through the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure