Strange eBay finds.

Strange eBay finds:

Empty cellotape reels, used plastic caps and other bits of rubbish?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/omexmc006/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Very weird!!! Check the feedback too. Add your strange eBay finds below!!! ROTFL
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think i remember reading somewhere that this is a trick to get feedback scores up. People will bid and then both parties will leave positive feedback (no goods exchange).

I'd be interested if someone can confirm it the above is correct otherwise I have not idea why this is done. Free P+P means the seller will lose out all the time.

EDIT: reply refers to your fist post, the second post is just very funny
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I think i remember reading somewhere that this is a trick to get feedback scores up. People will bid and then both parties will leave positive feedback (no goods exchange).

I'd be interested if someone can confirm it the above is correct otherwise I have not idea why this is done. Free P+P means the seller will lose out all the time.

EDIT: reply refers to your fist post, the second post is just very funny

This is true. You used to be able to buy electronic JPG stock photos of sports cars for 1p with free delivery. The listings use to go on more about the great feedback you'd receive than the actual item. Although sometimes I think people hope it will get in the papers and go mad.
  • iammumtoone
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    This is true. .

It's still very wrong. I don't have the time but I would love to bid on a load, then raise cases because I didn't receive my goods. leaving the seller with lots of defects against their account :rotfl:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,164 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's still very wrong. I don't have the time but I would love to bid on a load, then raise cases because I didn't receive my goods. leaving the seller with lots of defects against their account :rotfl:

Whilst you are rolling around the floor laughing reflect on how bad that makes you look. Also, you might need to polish up on your understanding of the ebay rules- an INR no longer counts as a defect for a seller as long as they refund you before the case is closed by ebay. Then of course opening so many claims will now be marked on your account as a buyer and you could face having your buyer protection withdrawn on future purchases.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • iammumtoone
    soolin wrote: »
    Whilst you are rolling around the floor laughing reflect on how bad that makes you look. Also, you might need to polish up on your understanding of the ebay rules- an INR no longer counts as a defect for a seller as long as they refund you before the case is closed by ebay. Then of course opening so many claims will now be marked on your account as a buyer and you could face having your buyer protection withdrawn on future purchases.

Why does that make me bad and why should sellers be allowed to get away with this behaviour. It is to con innocent buyers in believing they are a good seller due to all the (false) feedback they have received.

Take your point about the buyer getting marked for raising alot of cases, this is a good thing. For genuine sellers it is also good that they don't get defects if they resolve an issue quickly. But that allows the rouge sellers to get away with dishonest practices like this.
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    …removed...
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    i know someone trying to build up good feedback on a business account by selling weird stuff its not working too well though because most people aren't giving him feedback,
  • so this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADHESIVE-CUSTOMS-DECLARATION-CN22-STATIONARY/dp/B0071LE44Y

and similar ads on eBay,

How are people managing to sell CN22 labels when they are free at the post office or free in rolls if you have franking or a business account?
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    so this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADHESIVE-CUSTOMS-DECLARATION-CN22-STATIONARY/dp/B0071LE44Y

and similar ads on eBay,

How are people managing to sell CN22 labels when they are free at the post office or free in rolls if you have franking or a business account?

People are lazy and/or ignorant. Just look at the reviews for proof of that.

Also if you buy online postage then it will print a customs label with your postage label.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure