MBNA PPI refused

Options
We have tried to reclaim PPI from MBNA but have been told they sent a letter Sept 2013 and we had three years to reply. We never got the letter or we would have made the complaint for the money. We went to the financial ombudsman but they are agreeing with MBNA that we are out of time. That we should have know before now that we had been mis sold PPI and claimed before now ! Is there anything else we can do ? We didn't receive the letter so how can they say what they are saying ? Any help would be appreciated :):T

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. You're time barred.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there anything else we can do ?

No. Once timebarred, its over
    We didn't receive the letter so how can they say what they are saying ?

Or you did receive it and didnt really read it. Perhaps thinking it was marketing. How you can you say you didnt get it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sarah0371 wrote: »
    We have tried to reclaim PPI from MBNA but have been told they sent a letter Sept 2013 and we had three years to reply. We never got the letter
    Unfortunately, the Bank only have to show that they sent the letter and it is assumed it was received. Regardless, it was only a invitation to complain-it was not an admission that you were mis-sold. There are no guarantees that you would have had a payout.

You say you didn't receive the letter, but it's far more likely that you failed to read it (thinking it was junk mail perhaps) and/or have simply forgotten about it.

You'll now have to forget about making any further complaint I'm afraid. .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure