Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Speky

I hope you're ok this morning.

I ended a 6 yr relationship in Dec 2013. It was an awful time but he wasn't good for my 2 boys so it had to end. We had a MASSIVE mortgage together and debt. A lot of my current debt is because of him and the break up.

But it was the best thing to do.

It will be for you (and her)

Louby
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    CCL & Louby - Hi and thanks for your advice.

I feel surprisingly fine today. Concerned for her though as I know she's hurting. She text my mum asking her to try and change my mind or make sense of it but my mum knows I'm doing it for the right reasons.

I'm fine with it all. I've made my decision and I stand by it and the reasons I came to that conclusion. Thank you so much to each of you who offered your advice, it really was helpful.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    CCL & Louby - Hi and thanks for your advice.

I feel surprisingly fine today. Concerned for her though as I know she's hurting. She text my mum asking her to try and change my mind or make sense of it but my mum knows I'm doing it for the right reasons.

I'm fine with it all. I've made my decision and I stand by it and the reasons I came to that conclusion. Thank you so much to each of you who offered your advice, it really was helpful.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Pleased your doing ok Speky. Stay strong. She doesn't know it yet but you're doing the best thing for both of you x
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning all,

I had a quiet weekend and the spends were all planned and budgeted for. Got a big shop in yesterday so should manage to prep all my meals for the week ahead and keep spending to a minimum.

Surprisingly, I didn’t hear much from my ex over the weekend (feels weird saying ‘ex’). My gran seemed concerned I was missing out on starting a family and to her own admission, that was due to more traditional beliefs – married, a mortgage and kids by 24. When I was younger I too had that vision of having a wife, 1 or 2 kids and lovely home by the age that I am now and so it’s disappointing but happiness is the important thing and that’s what I am looking for.

Anyway. Thank you again everyone for your advice. Really means a lot.

Have a lovely week.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Keep on being you - if its not right for you now then it wouldn't be right for you down the line with the complications of house ownership, marriage etc. Its not fun but that's part of being a grown up and at least its just the two of you to upset.
    Hope you had a decent day.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    People get married and start families at all different ages. I didn't have my first son until I was 30!

You're still young.

Enjoy your week
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Thanks Joey and louby. Sound advice as always. I'm continuing to power through and keep myself busy.

On the MSE front, I managed a NSD yesterday and today should be the same. I've brought my lunch and snacks to work with me and I've a curry waiting at home for me too - sorted.

Trying to get myself into a routine again so going to the gym regularly, reading and doing those things I rarely had time for before last week. I'm creating a list of odd jobs to tackle when I manage to have the time, a lot of which involve cleaning sadly enough.
  • Spendertosaver_2
    Options
    Hi Speky,
    Have read all of your diary and it was reading it I decided to sign up and start my own diary! You have accomplished so much and I really hope you get the mortgage you want next year!
    Regarding your recent break up, it sounds like you did exactly the right thing. Gut feeling is normally right and there is no point in dragging something out in the hope of not hurting anyone. You (and your ex) will both be ok and in the long term I am sure you will realise that you made the best decision you could!
    Keep up the good work!
    Target debt free date of May 2018

Barclaycard £1800 @1.05%
    Halifax £5316.97 @ 0% until 2018

Total = £7116.97
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hi Speky,
    Have read all of your diary and it was reading it I decided to sign up and start my own diary! You have accomplished so much and I really hope you get the mortgage you want next year!
    Regarding your recent break up, it sounds like you did exactly the right thing. Gut feeling is normally right and there is no point in dragging something out in the hope of not hurting anyone. You (and your ex) will both be ok and in the long term I am sure you will realise that you made the best decision you could!
    Keep up the good work!

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to read up and I'm glad it's helped provide as motivation. It's a cliche which I actually don't like but it applies; if I can do it, anyone can do it.

I'm confident I've made the right decision and I'm slowly getting used to the change in schedule. My ex and I used to see each other most days (maybe part of the problem) and so now I've got all this free time which I plan on spending wisely.

So back to a MSE front. Another NSD yesterday, making it 5 for the month so far. I anticipate today will be the same too. An old colleague of mine asked me out for some drinks on Saturday night after the Scotland vs Australia rugby game. If I know him, it'll be a late one so I'm toying wither to go or not.

Tonight I am going to look out all the presents I've bought for Xmas and check who I've still to buy for. I've been that organised this year I'm losing track! Afterwards I'll know where I stand and can keep my eyes peeled.

Have a nice day everyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure