IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET appeal ignored

Options
Hello

Following advice from this forum I recently appealed a Parking Charge Notice, using the wording given, to MET Parking Services. I did it online as advised and made a note of the appeal number that was given on the screen. That was back in January and nothing else was heard until now receiving another demand with threats of referring to a collections agency - so basically they've ignored the appeal completely including the request for a POPLA number. I would appreciate any advice please. Thank you

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    same as always, complain to [EMAIL="aos@britishparking.co.uk"]aos@britishparking.co.uk[/EMAIL] stating that MET have breached the BPA CoP by issuing debt letters when an appeal is ongoing

attach unredacted copies of all paperwork and also add a brief timeline of events so far
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you check your spam and junk emails? POPLA code might have gone there in which case it will be too late to appeal if 30 days has passed since the rejection.

A big fat so what if too late to use POPLA, just ignore MET. Yes, really.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ElleBee95
    ElleBee95 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Um sorry, do you actually mean ignore them as in the old days when we just ignored the letters until they stopped sending them??
  • ElleBee95
    Options
    Hi, can you tell me, did you mean just ignore all correspondence from them please?
  • Redx
    Options
    ElleBee95 wrote: »
    Hi, can you tell me, did you mean just ignore all correspondence from them please?

not exactly

you ignore ALL correspondence from MET or their debt collectors , UNLESS its an LBC or an MCOL , for up to 6 years

this has always been the advice when in IGNORE MODE

you would be very foolish to ignore an LBC from MET or their legal representatives, and doubly foolish to ignore an MCOL issued by MET through Northampton mcol centre
  • ElleBee95
    Options
    Hi Sorry what is an LBC and a MCOL please?
  • Redx
    Options
    please read the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of the forum

otherwise this could be a very long saga

and also use the "google" search as well

thanks
  • ElleBee95
    Options
    OK thank you - it makes sense now
  • Redx
    Options
    ElleBee95 wrote: »
    Um sorry, do you actually mean ignore them as in the old days when we just ignored the letters until they stopped sending them??

when you said the above , that old advice was UNLESS THEY ISSUE AN LBC or an MCOL !

it was then , it is now , except there have been changes in various laws, additional laws and the BEAVIS case etc , plus they issue a lot more court cases now than 6 years ago , mainly because of the changes , hence the caveat is more important

and the parking companies are currently issuing claims going back 6 years , so the advice didnt necessarily work

when you said "like the old days" , you implied that you were aware of the caveat I mentioned, plus the MCOL system started back in 1973 so I would have thought you about knew about this too (small claims court)

so as you can see, its not reading sticky threads that keeps you in the dark :)
  • ElleBee95
    Options
    Thanks - there's so much advice all over the place, it's quite confusing and I suppose they like to keep it that way too! When I asked my original question I did mean as in ignore everything so I'm glad I checked now, thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure