PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Persimmons - Pulling out from the Solicitors which Builder advised

Options
13»

Comments

• saxo_appeal
    Options
    I have asked M0bov

This was their reply

"
    Yes there would be fees to what has been provided, I will check with my manager/accounts team what is due to be charged.

I have escalated within the company the options as the missive is concluded."

Are you in Scotland M0bov? maybe different rules

This company deals with everything done by Email so it's not like a walk in local Solicitor
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "I have escalated within the company the options as the missive is concluded."

This doesn't make sense as your missives aren't concluded. Maybe they're still mixing you up with the other folk?!
  • saxo_appeal
    Options
    So if I reply to them asking,

What will I say so they have to give me a clear answer, if the Missives aren't concluded?

Is there anything I can check to see with the paperwork so far from them by EMail?
  • davidmcn
    Options
    Just appoint your new solicitors and ask them to sort it out.
  • saxo_appeal
    saxo_appeal Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2017 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Ok I asked them what stage we were at

Asked them: I was under the impression we were at the conditional missive and not that the Missive had been Concluded

"This is a conditional missive that has been concluded, which is subject to you receiving your mortgage offer. The missive will be a full missive when the mortgage offer is received"

I am starting to get confused !! :(

Why can't it just be like buying a Car ...
  • davidmcn
    Options
    Ok I asked them what stage we were at

Asked them: I was under the impression we were at the conditional missive and not that the Missive had been Concluded

"This is a conditional missive that has been concluded, which is subject to you receiving your mortgage offer. The missive will be a full missive when the mortgage offer is received"

I am starting to get confused !! :(

Why can't it just be like buying a Car ...
    Generally speaking - solicitor will get offer from builders' solicitor, copy it to you, you go through it with them so they can explain to you what it all means, if you're happy to conclude the contract you tell them and they then conclude missives. It didn't sound to me that you've done all that - unless your partner has without telling you?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure