Orlando/Disneyworld Thread (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• SmileyS_2
    SmileyS_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    I am looking at hiring a car when i get in at Orlando and i don't have a credit card is there any hire companies i can use without a credit card
    cheers
  • lex
    lex Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    SmileyS wrote: »
    I am looking at hiring a car when i get in at Orlando and i don't have a credit card is there any hire companies i can use without a credit card
    cheers

Can you not pay by debit card up front? Or do they need to hold a card as security?
    lex
    Competition wins -
    May 09 - Horrid Henry book box set, 8GB ipod touch, Jan 10 - Creme Egg keyring, 4 Ripley's Believe it or not museum tickets! Feb 10 - Annabel Karmel snacks, Disney laptop, tumble tots back pack, tumble tots DVD, basket of fruit,
    Mar 10 - Farm Frenzy 3 PC game, GHD styler carry case, May 10 - 44 inch chest DVD
  • MOLLYBRUSH
    MOLLYBRUSH Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    The walkies are fine over there and pretty cheap but you cna also get the tracfone mobiles from Wal Mart for $10 each of course it costs to run those but the quality is much better
    C

Thanks. I saw similar in Target but I noticed the top ups seemed to be in really big denominations. Can you just put in, say $10 at a time?
    There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone or forbid your kids to do it.
  • busymumof3
    busymumof3 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there

We are in the second week of our holiday in Orlando and are unlikely now to use any more than two days of our Universal 14 day Flexi tickets - have not yet been activated - as kids are more of an age to enjoy the Disney parks. We've noticed a rash of places offering to buy tickets. Would anyone happen to know if this would include part-used tickets and if so whether it is worth doing? If yes and yes are there
    any recommendations where to try?

Many thanks
  • Lynneth
    Lynneth Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    :beer: for Craig the mad cow ;D ! :T
    Glad you changed your mind matey - and on the subject of CJD, bullocks to the :mad:!

;):rotfl:

:j:j:jonly 30 dayas to go:j:j:j
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    busymumof3 These booths used to take part used tickets but that was in the days of days that never expired! And then it was peanuts they would pay. But in your case I can only suggest you try, anything will be better than Nothing!!
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • blackpongo1
    blackpongo1 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all just back from a magical 2 wks in disney and would like to thanks you all for the tips , advice etc that you shared with me it saved mr loads have actually got brouchers for nxt year .
    I know somebody was looking for for info on the comfort inn in lake buena vista area have searched prior pages but cant find the post i'm only to glad tell everything if i know who it was if someone could help that would great
    Once again thanks for all the info hopefully i can be help to someone else in the future
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MOLLYBRUSH wrote: »
    Thanks. I saw similar in Target but I noticed the top ups seemed to be in really big denominations. Can you just put in, say $10 at a time?

Hi

The smallest top up for a tracphone is $20 so you will outlay $30 for a phone and an hours talk. However there are lots of sites that have "codes" for bonus mins when you top up so use those.

Cheers
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lynneth wrote: »
    :beer: for Craig the mad cow ;D ! :T
    Glad you changed your mind matey - and on the subject of CJD, bullocks to the :mad:!

;):rotfl:

:j:j:jonly 30 dayas to go:j:j:j

Hahaha thanks..... Mooooo to them hehe.

One week to go then Florida for 4 1/2/ weeks!!! :)

C
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• MOLLYBRUSH
    MOLLYBRUSH Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    Hi

The smallest top up for a tracphone is $20 so you will outlay $30 for a phone and an hours talk. However there are lots of sites that have "codes" for bonus mins when you top up so use those.

Cheers

Thanks Craig, so glad you decided to stay. You are really a mine of information. How lucky to get 4.5 weeks there, you me and Lynneth will all be there at the same time, we go 18 August for 2.5 weeks :T
    There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone or forbid your kids to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure