Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• Worrierwalker
    Options
    I like the clip top microwave bowls with handle- great for heating soup, beans veg etc.. They haven't had them in for a while but I managed to get some today. I have seen them in other places for about £3.50.
  • Andersonmam
    Options
    Another find today - Charles Worthington, full size 200ml, Moisture Seal Overnight Ultimate Hair Healer. Currently £6.99 in Boots, though the one from Poundland is in different packaging (silvery box). This is aimed at hair suffering from dryness, frizz or damage to strengthen and can also be used as a 5 minute hair mask if you don't want to leave on overnight. Paraben free and safe for use on coloured hair.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Edit: Also spotted 6 pack of Worcester Sauce flavour Walkers French Fries. Have never seen these before - snaffled!
    These are a regular feature in my local stores, mum often buys them for the little one. She seem to enjoy them :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • theblagger
    theblagger Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poundland should be renamed pounds land, considering the amount of stuff they are flogging over a quid....and some of the stuff cheaper in supermarkets
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Also lots of the Keyboard Magnets packs I bought from Poundland eons ago https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0899/2174/products/monster-factory-firdge-magnets-keyboard.jpg?v=1488285276
    I love these! Will keep an eye out for them so the LO can start to spell out words on my freezer door. I was thinking of getting more photo fridge magnets for the top half anyway, so this will be a good addition for the bottom.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I popped into Stratford E20 yesterday evening.

They had the Fox's biscuits (exp Nov 17) in but not the magnets. Its not difficult to walk out the shop with nothing rather than continue impulse shopping, because the long (albeit fast-moving) queues are a such a deterrent.

• LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2017 at 6:03PM
    Options
    Here's a pic of the 50p Section in Argyle St, Glasgow (should take a photo of the Sauchiehall St one!). Seems to change here and there.

Wedding Post Box, Wedding Invitation Cards, Cupcake Tablecover, 10 Cupcake Wrappers, 2 x Cupcake Banner Set, Farm Puppets (some sort of hand puppet!), Disney Captain Jake & the Neverland Pirates Invites, various sunglasses, reading glasses, Top Gear Stig On Board sign, Pirate Cupcake Shack, Pirate Tablecover, Disney Cars Inflatable Swim Ring, 8 x Black/Blue Pens, Brass House Numbers, Party Favours, some sort of turquoise/green corduroy rucksack-type bags (swim bags maybe)?, rolls of Loveheart Garlands (must be from Valentine's), Top Trumps cards, PC CD-ROMs - look quite basic though, Disney Planes stickers? I think, Jigsaw Puzzles, Dr Miriam Stoppard Your Antenatal Care books, a few nail varnishes.

Also a bundle of socks tucked away at the bottom! A few fishing items on the bottom-right, near the girly sunglasses, but can't tell what they are (no expert, sorry!).
    CAjlo4x.jpg?1
    Probably missed out a few items but that's what I can make out!

The full-size jpeg (if anyone wants to zoom in and squint at it) is here http://i.imgur.com/RhC9zzD.jpg
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 31 March 2017 at 5:32PM
    Options
    My browser has spat its dummy out and won't let me quote your post LouLou.

The Bishop Auckland Retail Park Poundland had a totally different range of 50p reductions. Children's toys mostly - 12" dolls, doll outfits, plastic swords.

Also spotted (at £1):

'Fairy' branded dishcloths, sponge cloths (3 pack), teatowels.

Large rectangular packs of Italian crackers, 500g, 16 packs of 5 crackers, that snap into two smaller square crackers. Taste a bit like Ritz but not as salty. They were lunch.

3 items for a quid snack range had 250 ml branded tins of drinks, 330ml ditto, Lees' macaroon bars for a sugar rush, and Topics. Plus Pringles mini cans pm 59p.

I got the espresso 'Caffe Deli' Nespresso capsules. Tried them. Worked perfectly. A very mild coffee, good for those who don't like bitter coffee. Very long use by - Oct. 2020.

100g jars of Lyons decaff and ordinary instant coffee.

Quite a few Marvel clothing items for children - Spider-Man 'footlets', wash-mitts.

Spanx type ladies' knicks, but only in small, suspect these go fast.

There were some very cute ceramic lambs covered in a woolly fleece with the Easter stuff near the tills. May have been a money box.
    Unusual chocolate plaques, large, egg-shaped? Had honeycomb, broken mini eggs swirled in.

Christmas shortbread tree hanging biccies. Santa and tree shapes. 150g for 25p. Debating varnishing a couple with PVA. Don't taste that thrilling..!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    The full-size jpeg (if anyone wants to zoom in and squint at it) is here http://i.imgur.com/RhC9zzD.jpg
    Thanks, looks like there's plenty in here to amuse small children :)

I don't think these sections exist in London branches :(

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback