Options
    Total NSDs in September: 8 so far.
    Ev Kizzy Make £10 A Day August Challenge: £364.54/£310
    Loan: remaining balance £771/ £3,500 CCs: paid £194.76/£4436.75
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I really like the sound of the food. street food sounds like a good idea. I'd buy the aubergine and pesto tart
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The food sounds yummy! Congrats on your engagement and well done on only having a few months left to pay the loan, you are doing so well!
  • evkizzy
    evkizzy Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    It happened again. I blinked and everything changed.

My partner got a new job a couple of months ago and I had a job so we reported it to HMRC and then I lost my job then as I was preparing for payday I got a letter saying that were no longer eligible (again) as my SO's wages went up. Despite this, we are in, fact around £300 a month worse off. I am personally in a lot of trouble. The loan that should take its last payment in January has been extended a month so I could take an emergency payment holiday. Would have taken £200.

Minky's check up last week was awful. He's still not eating properly. The vet checked and his tooth that splintered had exposed nerves so it needs removing. They admitted him there and then, last Thursday and as he was on his way to surgery on Friday afternoon a drill broke so they sent him home with painkillers and rescheduled it for tomorrow (today 30th). SO is taking him on the way to work at 8am. Hope it all goes well for him. Though that's a £200 procedure without meds (So not what I needed right now!).

My dad who owed me £400ish in July actually spent £650 and after months has finally got himself a part time job and somewhere to live. But he never did pay me back. Unfortunately his pirtion of my cc debt is preventing me from hitting the minimum payment and I have had to calculate his interest and add the charges to what he owes me. There's not much I can do. He's lent me money for years. Never asked for a penny and I always paid him back. One time he needs me and I offer to lend him money and he really can't do anything about it. He feels awful and already sold most of his stuff so he could afford to live and find work and send me £180 (so far). It's heartbreaking how much we can't help each other right now.
    I've spoken with a bank manager and have an appt. at 2pm on Tuesday to do a balance transfer at 0% for 24 months to reduce my min payments and try (somehow-I need money) to pay off the monster card with it's 40% APR.

It's all becoming pretty unbearable right now. I'm not sleeping again which is a sign of returning hypermania. I've been to the doctors today and they've referred me to a dermatologist about a possibly pre-cancerous mole and single point of access team to see if I can get back to CBT for sleep and anxiey therapy.

But I'm still engaged. :)
    Finally showed the mums and the MIL to be has started planning with me. I need to start dieting after Christmas to get wedding dress ready tor trying them on in Spring, then keep the weight off for a year or 2 for the actual wedding. It seems far away bit if I plan these things now I can achieve them easily. I've already switched my vices: fatty olives and hummus for jalapeños and fresh tomatoes. I've bought fruit to eat as my lazy food, instead of bread.

Saving money and being savvy went out the window in September. October is a new month. I will make goals again and find new ways to make money. Cashed out £10 PayPal through SBs this week. I was determined not to do nothing. Hoping for a call about some life modelling soon to keep me a float. Luckily we have lots of food in and supper clubs coming up. Plus a free food feast-ival on Saturday so I'll be greatful for that.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello evkizzy, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I have been following your thread for a while now - I always love reading your posts. They always seem so lively!

Despite everything life seems to throw at you, you still seem really upbeat. Your post today is really positive and has cheered me up to get up off my own backside and get on with life.

Congratulations on the engagement and good luck with everything xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Thanks Smolly.

Minky went back in for his op on Friday morning (all went well). We invited our friends over after 2 months of not seeing them- due to us all going on holiday at different times. We drank booze that we had in- they brought mixers and paid for takeaway pizza. Which was great (cheap) fun and played instruments and had a proper knees-up. :)

On Saturday I met up with a friend eho is moving back to the area (yay!) for a drink (she bought a bottle for us to share and I brought a bottle from home as my payment- this bartering is really great when you have understanding friends). We collected Minky from the vets (costing £235- which my SO has to put on his cc) and he was very loving and cuddly (from the drugs- haha!).
    That evening I hosted a supper club night but I had a guest chef do a raw food night so I only made £10 (organising/washing up fee). Everyone gave Minky cuddles and fusses throughout the night. Then Sunday the same friend who swapped me wine had free cinema tickets (from coupons) so treated me to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children late morning. Then the SO and I had sfv mac n cheese and watched movies. I actually managed to sleep properly for a change which was useful as I had to let a handyman in at 9am to fix the gutters.

The gutters were fixed with minimal fuss (landlord paid) while I tidied the house.

Tuesday I visited the bank to see if I could do a 0% balance transfer (after being told I'm not eligible for months). I was able to move £600 from my 40% cc and it will be interest free for 16 months. It's not great but it's a huge chunk. (A dad debt size chunk so I can stop worrying that he's affecting my debt and get on with paying what I owe.) Told him that I need at lest £100 THIS WEEK! So hopefully he's scrimping to help me.

The bank manager actually advised me to wait a few weeks and then ask my 40% cc if I can transfer £600 because then I'll not be paying interest on £1200 in total, just for moving money around. This will massively help me pay off the cards quicker, as long as I can get some actual cash coming in. I have supper club on Friday (hopefully I'll make some money) and a life modelling session next Wednesday (£20) then it's fingers crossed that I get money for my birthday. Though, a few people bought me clothes in August as I had nothing that fit and was desperate for socks and pjs. We'll just have to wait and see...
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    My partner rarely notices a manic episode coming on as he often sees it as me cheering up and becoming more productive but last night, in Tesco, I was struggling to focus on what I needed.

I usually make a list then keep it in my pocket while I shop, then check at the end if I got everything. It's one of the ways I keep my memory recall sharp as BP (as well as being a mood disorder) is also a degenerative brain disorder.

I was getting frustrated as I couldn't remember what I needed (and I'd left the list at home). Apparently my speech was disjointed and I was flipping between items I needed at opposite ends of the shop. He was great at getting me to focus and figured I could do without the stress of cooking while like this so bought us a chinese takeaway. He ordered enough to make sure I had leftovers for lunch today. (It's the small things that help the most.)

Today is supper club day so I've written myself a clear (idiot proof) list of what to do and when so my whole day is planned for me, including time for a cuppa and a sit down.

Right now I need to get myself into a routine and get up/go to bed at reasonable times while I look for work. I'm eating bananas and pineapple to try and boost my melatonin (sleep hormone) levels and drinking cardamom tea instead of coffee so I'm not so over stimulated when it gets to bed time.

Sometimes just managing BP can be a full time job. Especially when I get no help financially or support from mental health services.

There must be a better way to live and make money.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Supper Club went well. I made my £10 profit (washing up fee) and we raised £80 for the fountain fund. I'm so glad that the next one isn't a fundraiser. So I can actually keep all the profits. Plus it's a Halloween special which I love as it means making everything themed! I'm carving a marrow into an alligator head and making a cajun jambalaya/gumbo (not decided yet).

I've made a few pennies from fans of my supper club through selling leftovers/readymeals. Which will help me decide how viable it'll be to start my own business in the new year.

I currently have no idea how im surviving without money. I'm constantly terrified but hopeful that I'll figure something out.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Did life modelling on Wednesday night for £20, made £10 selling leftovers this week, checked my Checkout Smart balance and I’m really close to cashing out so I’ll be buying Method wood floor cleaner (Usually £4) on SO for £3 at Morrison’s, to claim £2 CB through CSnap and CSmart making it £1 to me and possible to withdraw my (desperately needed) £20.
    Soooo... I’ve £100 towards my £200 loan payment due on 10th Nov. I need to focus as much as possible to get more than I need so I’m prepared for the Dec and Jan payments. I’m really anxious about not having any real income so I’m scrapping by with super low cost dinners (mainly filling up on rice and pasta dishes). Thank goodness for past me stockpiling rice and grains and UHT Alpro milks.

Looks like there will be no birthday money to expect as my family are also struggling and can’t even afford to come out for a meal. I even have a voucher so mine (£20 of a £50 spend) would be free.
    And my SO’s family gave me 50 euros (birthday money) for my holiday in September.
    Never mind.

Just ugh.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income