Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• Boredupnorth
    Boredupnorth Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    kst101 wrote: »
    Just had an email from Bare about a sports shop I did in mid march. They want me to clarify two questions. And they want to know if I can go and take photos inside the store to illustrate my point. Have no urge to go back there but can't think how to put it politely. I wish they would ask questions a bit quicker than a month later....

Don't bother being polite, the answer is no unless it carries a further payment for time and travel.
  • superliss
    superliss Posts: 867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jacand wrote: »
    Snap same for me. Luckily I took photo's while instore, so I could remember all the makes etc. I had them stored on my phone. Looks like they may have missed some questions out mine was 5.2 and 5.13 were yours the same?

I assume they will be paying you to revisit? If they didn't get all of the imformation needed first time round then they need to pay accordingly. I await my email/phonecall!
    Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
    I'm a woman's man: no time to talk
  • N.I.M
    N.I.M Posts: 2,248 Forumite
    Options
    Just had an email from Bare about a sports shop I did in mid march. They want me to clarify two questions. And they want to know if I can go and take photos inside the store to illustrate my point. Have no urge to go back there but can't think how to put it politely. I wish they would ask questions a bit quicker than a month later....

And are they paying you extra to take photos covertly in store?
    Don't bother being polite, the answer is no unless it carries a further payment for time and travel.

superliss wrote: »
    I assume they will be paying you to revisit? If they didn't get all of the imformation needed first time round then they need to pay accordingly. I await my email/phonecall!

Bun and SL have it right, if they cant ask the questions right then its their problem. You carried out your contract as stipulated in the agreement. Additional information costs money for you to get and if the photos are covert then thats a big ask in those stores (they have a HUGE number of CCTV cameras)

Personally I wouldnt have done the assignments if it asked for covert in-store photos.
    This was 6 months out of date so I've changed it.
    :j:j:j:j
  • kman
    kman Posts: 572 Forumite
    Options
    N.I.M wrote: »
    And are they paying you extra to take photos covertly in store?

Bun and SL have it right, if they cant ask the questions right then its their problem. You carried out your contract as stipulated in the agreement. Additional information costs money for you to get and if the photos are covert then thats a big ask in those stores (they have a HUGE number of CCTV cameras)

Personally I wouldnt have done the assignments if it asked for covert in-store photos.

There's no mention on extra fees yet, but my reply to them will be asking how much they are going to pay.

They didn't ask for photos in store originally, they've just decided they want them now - I'm going to decline their request as mine was a small store, and there's no way it would be possible to do...
  • kst101
    kst101 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Glad that (a) it's not just me and also that (b) other people agree that taking photos would need an extra payment plus the fact that it would be covert and in my case as well a small store where it would be very hard to do.

Will reply to them later on I think.
  • kst101
    kst101 Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Just had two Tern accepted emails go into my spam folder which they don't usually do. Wonder if they've changed their email address or if gmail is being extra careful?
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had two Tern accepted emails go into my spam folder which they don't usually do. Wonder if they've changed their email address or if gmail is being extra careful?

I've noticed a lot of good emails ending up in Gmails SPAM folder. (even if they are in my address book!)

It's been getting worse over the past 6-8 months..
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • pheonixrising21
    Options
    I'm quite new to mystery shopping and only started this last tax year. I informed HMRC when I started and they sent me a tax return form for the previous tax year, which I sent completed online to state I hadnt earnt anything other than my usual PAYE job.

Obviously, I need to complete the form again for the tax year just ended, which will be the first tax year I have earnt additional money in. I just have a query about what is taxable and what I can offset against tax.

For example, if I a mystery shop which is for a meal for two in a restaurant. The fee is £5 and there is a reimbursment of up to £30 for the meal. If I spend £28 on the meal, then I would pay tax on £33 and I am not able to offset anything other than travel (which I understand I can offset 40p per mile?).

My question is, what happens if I spend £32 on the meal. I assume I will pay tax on £35 (£5 fee plus £30 reimbursement)and offset travel against it. However, can I also offset the other £2 I spent on the meal. Clearly I wouldnt have spent the additional £2 if I wasn't doing the shop, so surely its an expense that I am not being reimbursed for?

Any help appreciated!
    Santander Loan [STRIKE]£3003[/STRIKE] £2100
    AA Credit Card [STRIKE]£3148[/STRIKE] £2676
    Natwest OD [STRIKE]£1500[/STRIKE] £1370
    Cahoot OD [STRIKE]£1000 [/STRIKE]£650
    Capital One Card [STRIKE]£641[/STRIKE] £400
    Total [STRIKE](Jan 12)[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£9546 [/STRIKE] £7196 (Now)
  • polythenegirl
    Options
    Gmail is being really funny at the moment for me. I've had quite a few people say its been down off and on for themt he last few days so not too sure whats going on.
  • paulshellburgin
    Options
    jacand wrote: »
    Snap same for me. Luckily I took photo's while instore, so I could remember all the makes etc. I had them stored on my phone. Looks like they may have missed some questions out mine was 5.2 and 5.13 were yours the same?

Same for me, I just told them no I can't!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure