Hugglemonster's debt free diary

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Just a quick check in, I noticed that the regular payment for computer hadn't gone out so I went online and the payment date had been postponed until 27th January. I have therefore paid the missing month plus the cashback funds are on their way, £50 paid and interested adjusted so the balance is now £215.48.

Been a bit lazy today and only done the bathroom, bit of laundry and sorted out finance paper work box. I will do the bedroom tomorrow as I cba now!

H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Blimey what a morning, ds and I got ready to go shopping but car wouldn't start and after several attempts and lots of beeping noises I gave up and called F8rd. I was pleased to find out that I have additional breakdown cover with them for 12 months so phoned to get someone out, there ensued phone calls back and forward between dealer and recovery as an issue with the license plate changed back to original as last owner had a private plate. Anyway eventually sorted and a lovely chap came out who instantly diagnosed a flat battery, it's now sitting purring away on my drive for 40 minutes with my hubby's van parked in front of it so no one can steal it!

Apparently because I have only used it for short journeys whilst I've been off it has used more than it's recharged, the chap said to see how it starts tomorrow and take it for a run (to Halfords to buy a jump pack no doubt) and if it happens again in the next month then think about changing the battery as it's already 5 years old.

Anyway hopefully it's sorted, off out in a bit to get a bit of food but will be walking as don't want to be stuck in the supermarket car park. No financial news, hubby will either get paid tomorrow or Saturday as his pay day is the 1st and I can get the budget for January sorted. I need to go to the bank to get change for lunches, dd lunch can be paid online as can ds child care but ds lunch money is still cash or a cheque that takes forever to clear.

I will sort out the bedroom when I get back, looking quite shocking.

H x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow glad it was just a flat battery and all ended well. Car troubles are never fun.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't you just love cars! Glad it was sorted in the end.

Well done on the computer payment, it's going down nicely :)

Glad DH and DD are having fun in Scotland, how's the colouring going with DS?
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    HI all, a bit of a spendy day but not all cash used - car started OK this morning so took on a run to Halfords to buy a jump starter that cost £40, hate spending money on boring car things but needs must and at least I can start it myself if it happens again. Then popped into B&Q to get a small plastic set of drawers for dh clothes I've been looking for a freebie or cheap but nothing coming up, I've now finished his clothes and shocked to see how much he has - definitely more than me - I mean who needs over 30 t-shirts and 14 pairs of running shorts! Most of the shorts were passed on by my brother so it's not like he goes out buying them.

I have got rid of some of his work t-shirts for rags as they were awful and he still has 6 left so plenty to use.

DS and I popped into town to get my father in law a birthday present, he is difficult to buy for so just got choccys and smellies in the sale and used 2 vouchers so no pennies changed hands.

Current funds for spend neutral presents:
    * £8.75 paypal
    * £10 Sainsbobs

DH not paid today so hoping it will be tomorrow, he and dd are back late tonight so hopefully will get a huggle from both.

pmo2 - dinosaur not started to be coloured yet, might leave it as it is!

H x
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 December 2016 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Quick post with small update as redeemed some more for paypal, so now standing at -

Current funds for spend neutral presents:
    * £11.75 paypal
    * £10 Sainsbobs
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Annoying waiting to hear about payment for OH. Hope he and your daughter had a nice trip away.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    DH and DD got home about 8pm last night, they had a great time and brought back lots of soup they hadn't used. DD hair was wild as she hadn't taken her brush so had to comb it through much to her annoyance but it was either that or I shaved it all off. I will send her with a spray shampoo and her brush next time. She's also getting to the age where she could start her monthlys, not sure how DH will cope with that!

DH has been paid and child benefit has gone in early too, I've transferred £135 to flight fund and will sit and do the budget for the month when we get back from a walk down to the beach and a quick trip to T7sco. DD friend is sleeping over tonight as her Mum is having a party and she doesn't want to be there, we're just having a quiet evening with one bottle of bubbly.

I'm looking forward to the next few months, I'm going to be busy and also signed up to run 1000 miles in 2017 with a running magazine so need to get out and about. I will have a bag with my kit in the car so I can pop and run in some of the lovely places I work in.

Today I also need to write a list of all the jobs I need to do for sports job as I know I will forget something. Right see you later.

H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Glad they had fun and got back safely.

Well done on the no spending money, that's brilliant. Hope FIL likes his pressies.

Have a lovely day x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Happy New Year all! Somehow I managed to stay up until midnight although I was flagging, glad we didn't drink much as I have lots to do today and want to go out for a run in a bit.

I have done the budget for the month and updated ynab between now and my payday, the big focus for cutting back as always will be the food shop - really need to make a massive effort to reduce this dramatically.

I need to find my diary and then get to work on all the admin I need to do for my job, also need to do report and expenses today.

Hope everyone has a good day, H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport