0% card pre-apply eligibility checker shows 90% and I was rejected - please help!

Options
2»

Comments

• CherlokHomes
    CherlokHomes Posts: 614 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot thank you enough for this link, I gave it a shot this morning and have been accepted with a limit enough to transfer both card balances and its 27month at 0% so I am set to save at least £1000 in interest fees.

You are an angel :A

You'll save a grand?
    "You know when it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold"
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Innovate wrote: »
    You'll save a grand?

That's what I worked it out to be, I have a credit planner spreadsheet which tracks my payments until cards are cleared (October 2014). My interest rate has just been increased on one of the cards too which doesn't help. So yes, just over £1000 saved by this balance transfer. :T
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • pawelbmw5
    Options
    It is very unusual. I used pre-checks several times and has not been rejected. Have you tried to check your credit file. Start from Noddle, its free and get free trial for Equifax and Experian. You could have been rejected for a number of reasons and it is almost impossible to guess what was the problem. Also you have to understand that banks assess you as a potential source of profit and not just as a low risk group.

Check credit file first and look for any inconsistencies such as different addresses, financial associates etc. By the way financial associates could easily create this problem as they would not be checked by pre-eligibility tool.

Thanks for reply. I did not check my credit file yet. I will tonight and will start from Noddle as sugested, then will go for Equifax and Experian trials too.
  • pawelbmw5
    Options
    Cycrow wrote: »
    also, how much credit do you currently have ?
    and what is your current income ?

Hi. I do not have any credit at this moment (if you mean how much I owe on other credit cards) and my income is 23k per annum which is not great but I think is enough to get a card.
  • pawelbmw5
    Options
    There's only one soft search that's worth doing IMO where they actually search the CRA they'll use when credit searching you and that's Nationwides all the rest are poo

Hi. Thanks for the info. I will check on that later.
  • pawelbmw5
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    Pre-applicaiton checkers are never 100% -

Fluid is backed by MBNA who are quite strict, RBS have odd criteria.

They both search Experian.

You might want to try Barclaycard - they search Equifax - this means that a) barclaycard won't see that you've made two applications elsewhere and b) it won't further reduce your credit rating at all.

Barclaycard have their own pre-application checker - couldn't hurt to give it a bash:-

Hi. Thank you very much. After checking my credit with Experian and Equifax I will try Barklays card.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Anyway she applied and was excepted for a barclaycard

Sorry to hear she didn't get it.
  • CherlokHomes
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Sorry to hear she didn't get it.

Lol what a plonker I am I meant accepted.
    "You know when it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold"
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some lenders do use more than one CRA these days.

James
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport