Use add to basket not buy it now

Options
Hi, this is hopefully a useful tip especially for those that use phones for buying and not a pc.

Always add to basket first or you risk losing out on many offers. I sell on ebay as a trader and use special offers in the normal way of either a discount on multi buys or BOGOF. The number of single payments I get defies belief to me as the customer loses the discount and both paypal and ebay make even more money that they won't pay tax on.

When you add to basket and go to basket afterwards, the offer is highlighted giving you the option to save money or get extra for nothing. Hit the buy it now and you get zip.

Personally I put the offers on because a multi purchase cost me less so I pass on the saving whether it is the cost of postage or less fees paid by me.

Ebay encourages traders to use free postage and I do because so many people seem to believe it judging by feedback I have had such as "Great bargain and free postage too". Wrong! postage is factored into the price good price or not and that is the same for 99% of sellers anywhere. The larger the seller the cheaper the carraige they are charged which is how a lot sell far cheaper than it costs for you and me to post.

Anyway my message is use the add to basket button first and go to basket after never hit buy it now or you risk losing out and end up paying far more than you have to in a lot of cases

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hit buy it now and it still takes me to the basket/pre purchase page. But maybe it affects those that automatically link paypal which i do not.

I prefer to insert my password each time.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I also prefer to add password etc separately.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    I actually have customers who hit buy it now and pay separately for items in a multi variation listing and pay several times the postage.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure