Orange Cash Card (Prepaid Mastercard) service shuts down 23.59 September 30th

Options
[FONT=&quot]Orange Cash Card (Prepaid Mastercard) service is closing at the end of September 2015 and being replaced by the Optimum Prepaid MasterCard [/FONT]Issued by Prepay Technologies Limited, trading as Prepay Solutions.

These replacement cards should have been sent out weeks ago. No one that I know including myself have yet to receive the replacement card.

Has anyone received theirs?

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't received mine yet.

And, apparently, my Orange Cash card won't work from 1st October!
  • The_ICT_Engineer
    Options
    Spoke to Orange Card Services this morning. They have been informed by Prepay Solutions that the cards were dispatched this week and should arrive by the 1st October or with in a few days depending on the Royal Snail.

Also don't forget to use up your reward points.
  • user1168934
    Options
    I have an orange cash card which expired end of april and I have not received another one after it due to some address issues. Should I close my account?
    I think Optimum charge a fee per transactions, is it going to be the same with Orange cash now?
    Marriage is hard. Divorce is hard. Choose your hard.
    Obesity is hard. Being fit is hard. Choose your hard.
    Being in debt is hard. Being financially disciplined is hard. Choose your hard.
    Communication is hard. Not communicating is hard. Choose your hard.
    Life will never be easy. It will always be hard. But you can choose your hard.
  • lacuna1
    Options
    Well nothing in the post today and Orange cash closes at the end of the day. So much for "you will receive your new card before 1st October" Has anyone received a card yet?
  • user1168934
    Options
    I spoke with CS yesterday and they said I should receive by tuesday next week, they told me to call the same CS number in case I don't get it by next tuesday.
  • lacuna1
    Options
    Not much good for people with money on their card if they have to wait a week for a new one which they should already have received.

Orange haven't said there will fees in the email i got but looking on Optimum it says a 2.95% transaction fee
  • Muchwittering
    Options
    I've not had my card, and the gits have taken the site down already so I can't check my balance on the old one or redeem my points. Seriously unimpressed
  • lacuna1
    Options
    The mobile app is still working if that's any help to you
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The email announcing the change said "Your new Optimum Card will be sent to you free of charge and will arrive before 1 October 2015,"
    Well it's the 1 October and no card. Fortunately I guarded against any such issue by reducing my balance to £0 just in case.

"We will make this transition as smooth as possible." Hah!

"There will be a new phone number and email address for customer services which you will get with your new card " Not much use if you do not receive a card!

"There will be a £1 charge per call (this doesn't apply for any call relating
    to a complaint) for calling the Optimum Card customer services,"
    I thought that the rules that come into force from 26 October banned finance companies from using premium rate numbers for contacting customer services (not just for complaints). Optimum wrong? / reports that I have read wrong? / Optimum circumventing regulations by using a standard rate line and collecting a fee by a different method?
    http://nexbridge.co.uk/financial-sector-banned-from-using-0845-numbers-for-customer-service/

"There will be no other changes to your cardholder fees"
    Other Optimum Contactless Prepaid MasterCard cards either have a monthly fee or transaction fees. How long can we expect ex-Orange cardholders to get a better deal?

"If you decide you no longer want an Orange Cash Card and want to close your account, let us know by 30 September 2015" but "When you receive your Optimum Card, you will also get new terms and conditions". Wouldn't it have been nice to make the new Ts&Cs available to view BEFORE we decided whether or not we want the new card?
  • user1168934
    Options
    Oh so there was an actual email?????
    I did not get any email at all, I just read it on MSE by chance. Fortunately I had reduced my balance to 0 a couple of months ago when my card was about to expire - did not even get the renewed orange card by the way. I was still able to access my online account though so I know it was active. What a mess!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure