IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Defence for Court Claim - Gladstones

Options
2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It must have been a water-tight case - for the defendant - and they knew it! Why else would they discontinue?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    It must have been a water-tight case - for the defendant - and they knew it! Why else would they discontinue?

That's more like it
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    So, you have put in all of this work for nothing. How do you feel about that? Complain to the SRA about this time wasting, the lies, the deceits, the fabrications.

I would send them an invoice for your time, and if they ignore it an LBA, (free on the internet), make them work, cost them money. Mention a possible claim for DPA breaches sometime in the next six years.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ZBias
    ZBias Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    So, you have put in all of this work for nothing. How do you feel about that? Complain to the SRA about this time wasting, the lies, the deceits, the fabrications.

I would send them an invoice for your time, and if they ignore it an LBA, (free on the internet), make them work, cost them money. Mention a possible claim for DPA breaches sometime in the next six years.

hmm, don't agree this was for nothing. It was never about the money! It was time well spent fighting sc*mbags that prey on vulnerable people.

A valuable lesson which will be shared with friends and family that have gone through (or are going through) this.

And thanks all! All the support on this site (and others) really helped :T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It was time well spent fighting sc*mbags that prey on vulnerable people.

A valuable lesson which will be shared with friends and family that have gone through (or are going through) this.

Indeed - and well done again for seeing it through! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

As you know already, the SRA are a waste of space.

The SRA have failed to protect the public against rogue solicitors

For people looking for a solicitor, the SRA cannot be a good reference point if seeking the credibility of a firm
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It was never about the money!

With me CM, it is always about the money!
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Is it DP? I'm sure you must also have other interests?

In dealings I've had with people led by money and their own interests alone, I have found that such people are not worth diddly squat.
  • Rifitara
    Options
    Hello I have read you have been on the same position as me re Gladstones letter ...I do feel quite intimidated by this

If I am correct do I just send a letter referring the to above 20 points and edit and then wait for a court date ??

I haven't sent anything from the beginning nor admitted I was driving the vehicle to park at my residential block of flats ... on many occasions they have just taken a picture and sent it via post so unaware of the fine and they have been building

£149 I owe shall I just pay it do what had been done before ??

Many thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I haven't sent anything from the beginning nor admitted I was driving the vehicle to park at my residential block of flats ... on many occasions they have just taken a picture and sent it via post so unaware of the fine and they have been building

£149 I owe shall I just pay it do what had been done before ??

You need to read this:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

...and read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQs thread, top if this sub-forum. One click away. You will then need to start your won new thread about your case, telling us what the wording of your lease or tenancy agreement says about permits, or parking (at all) and/or your rights to pass and re-pass over the outside area, and/or your rights to 'peaceful enjoyment'.

See my signature telling you where to click if you are unfamiliar with navigating forums.

Please read what's here, not tag on someone's thread. We have hundreds like this!

You do not 'owe' anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure