Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!
    Just parked outside A, just going in with "several" page between £10 and £20 so fingers crossed!
    Anyone got results of a test shop this morning?

ChelseaFred😊

Fred...you are one of thousands of customers through their store today....front them out.
    What gives them he right to challenge your shopping habits over any other customers....

They enticed you with a good promotion which you took advantage of stocking up for personal consumption over the next few months

they offered the service of an apg checker....you checked and they allowed you to print an apg

They are now obliged to allow you to spend it or show you explicitly in the APG terms where it says you cant.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2017 at 12:12PM
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Fred...you are one of thousands of customers through their store today....front them out.
    What gives them he right to challenge your shopping habits over any other customers....

They enticed you with a good promotion which you took advantage of stocking up for personal consumption over the next few months

they offered the service of an apg checker....you checked and they allowed you to print an apg

They are now obliged to allow you to spend it or show you explicitly in the APG terms where it says you cant.

You say that as though it's not in the T&Cs:
    We may withhold or refuse payment and/or withdraw or suspend the Asda Price Guarantee (or any part of it) at any time without notice where we suspect fraud or abuse, or where vouchers have been incorrectly calculated. The Asda Price Guarantee is limited to one claim per comparison.
    https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/terms.html
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

I am keeping mine for Blackpool Asda :)

I only have two around ten pounds and happy with the others I still think that the right guard is on my list for tomorrow
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    MORNING ALL :D

bit delayed as had to read a book 'lord of the flies' maybe its just not captivating enough, I've just finished it so for that I am relieved also just written my book review for it but think maybe I have been too harsh. I was recommended it as its a classic which won a nobel prize......... I was just after anyone elses' take on it x

I must have read it when i was about 10 and loved it then,not sure what I would think of it now though! I think it was the idea of beating the odds, ok they went back to basics, but they survived.
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Decisions tomorrow.

A Jumble Sale :eek::eek::eek: :D

Pity they died out when Car Boots started :(

or the opening of a B&M store :D

or both :)

so easily pleased :o

Both, definitely. I used to love Jumble sales, not been one around here for ages.

I have discovered something today, I have spent ages looking for a comfy pair of trainers but very few have decent arches in them. Went down T, tried theirs on and they are WONDERFUL. They have the highest arch on them of any of the trainers I have had or tried on recently. I would even pay more than my normal £10 - £15 for them :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2017 at 12:35PM
    Options
    I take your point aau....however what is the purpose of a promotion if it is not to generate additional sales of a product....and when a product is on offer or promotion that is an ideal time to stock up....no fraud or abuse intended....which is why in one of my other posts I referred to "personal consumption"

To try to use the umbrella term of "abuse" might fly in the face of the implication of a promotion or offer....

To my knowledge it's A that set the perimeters of how an APG is calculated,not me so again if they want to use inconsistent data then they run the risk of upsetting many many customers in refusing to accept APG's
    Its not just glitch shoppers who use the APG system....many other shoppers do to and whilst they may wish to target glitch shoppers they face upsetting a huge amount of genuine shoppers in the process.
    again just my thoughts and not meant to challenge you or the terms and conditions
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 May 2017 at 12:38PM
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    WARNING this is what our friendly young sa said to us this morning.
    A couple of weeks ago she said they had a meeting about apgs, she came away seething but didn't tell us why.
    This morning she shows us the folder they have under the till A4 size with the dos and donts in it.
    there was a sheet titled APG that apparently has been circulated to all stores.
    Adsa is aware with the 342 promotion that apgs are being used, it stated the sa are within there right to refuse them on this promotion.:eek:
    I only skim read this as other staff around but I think that's the gist of it
    Our sa said shes not bothered, and she thinks its great what we do but she hasn't got the time to do herself, she hasn't even got a printer!!
    As has previously been stated may be wise to keep under £10 and possisbly use ss
    She also said beware only using 10 or under apgs a month (which we know) All staff have been briefed she said nationwide:eek:

Do they mean refuse to accept an APG towards a shop where you are buying promotional items, or refuse an APG where the receipt includes a promo? Not that it matters I suppose, either would be an inconvenience.

It seems using APGs on SS can draw less attention to you (usually - when the voucher and receipts scan correctly). If it doesn't (and depending on what is on the receipt ;)), I will pay cash/CC rather than ask them to process it and draw attention to myself.

It is best trying not to make a big deal about it and avoid having discussions with staff/management about it that would draw further attention - our shopping habits are still likely in the minority (more so since they don't exactly draw attention to APG instore any more, so are not really encouraging muggles to use it).

Ultimately, with glitches, we know we are gaming their system (even with targeted shops, we probably are), so we are not really in a position to complain if they try to make our game more difficult or enforce any of their published T&Cs (10 vouchers/£100 max per month per household etc). There is always another store to go to :D.

Much as it is helpful, I sometimes think that we risk drawing too much attention to ourselves by listing our results so openly and sometimes explaining in too much detail about how a glitch is working (I am guilty of this too, so I am not having a go :o) - we know the newspapers (and other deal websites) sometimes pick up on these sorts of things and then we will face the backlash. Arguably, if they cut the APG most muggle customers would not even be aware, as only mainly Elite and like-minded friends would be affected.

Anon
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    all asda had to do was put the offer to run both instore and online and have it actually work........
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I must have read it when i was about 10 and loved it then,not sure what I would think of it now though! I think it was the idea of beating the odds, ok they went back to basics, but they survived.

Both, definitely. I used to love Jumble sales, not been one around here for ages.

I have discovered something today, I have spent ages looking for a comfy pair of trainers but very few have decent arches in them. Went down T, tried theirs on and they are WONDERFUL. They have the highest arch on them of any of the trainers I have had or tried on recently. I would even pay more than my normal £10 - £15 for them :eek:
    Do you know if they sell these online? I was looking for some too, but don't have a large T unless I make a special trip.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    all A had to do was put the offer to run both instore and online and have it actually work........

Very good point - it is only the fact that it is not online that has enabled this glitch.

Anon
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    I take your point aau....however what is the purpose of a promotion if it is not to generate additional sales of a product....and when a product is on offer or promotion that is an ideal time to stock up....no fraud or abuse intended....which is why in one of my other posts I referred to "personal consumption"

To try to use the umbrella term of "abuse" might fly in the face of the implication of a promotion or offer....

To my knowledge it's A that set the perimeters of how an APG is calculated,not me so again if they want to use inconsistent data then they run the risk of upsetting many many customers in refusing to accept APG's
    Its not just glitch shoppers who use the APG system....many other shoppers do to and whilst they may wish to target glitch shoppers they face upsetting a huge amount of genuine shoppers in the process.
    again just my thoughts and not meant to challenge you or the terms and conditions

They don't need to use the umbrella term of abuse. They can (rightly) use the umbrella term of them being incorrectly calculated
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure