IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Missed Appeal Window - Premier Park Ltd.

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and so I deeply apologise if I've broken proper etiquette.
I have read the Newbies notice, but could not find anything pertaining specifically to my current situation. If I have missed something, I would be grateful if you could direct me to it.

So here is the situation.
My mother received a a Parking Charge Notice from Premier Park Ltd. with an 'unauthorised parking' claim around January. Not wanting to deal with the hassle and stress of the appeals process, she sent a cheque for the reduced amount of £60.00 to the company and we thought that was the end of that. It was around this point that we sent a change of address notice to the DVLA as we had moved recently.

Well it turns out that the cheque did not go through as there was an insufficient balance in the account and the cheque was sent back to our old address along with a letter. We were not aware of this until a DRP letter came through the door demanding a payment of £150 (which, as advised by many on this forum, we are ignoring). We have missed the appeal window and as we did not know what our options were and foolishly did not do a thorough research (first time receiving a PCN), we made no attempt to appeal.

I am desperately in need of urgent assistance. Do we have an obligation to pay the £60 since we've already made an attempt to pay? Or are we obligated to pay any amount they demand? We would strongly like to through the appeal process but am not sure if that is a viable option anymore. And if it is not a viable option, what are our alternatives?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 March 2017 at 9:42PM
    Options
    there is no obligation to pay a penny unless a judge says so, in court

DRP letters can be ignored which you would know if reading that NEWBIES sticky thread

the person being chased has to endure up to 6 years of hassle before it becomes statute barred , meaning the PPC has 6 years to issue an MCOL

your best option is to get a landholder cancellation , preferably in writing , which then should mean the person being chased gets a cancellation letter from the PPC as well

if the appeal window has expired, then that option and popla are no longer options , despite what you hope for , they are non-starters now
  • paperchasers
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Ah, that is unfortunate. How viable would it be for us to offer to pay a less amount for them to recoup their supposed 'losses' instead of the £150 they demand, also stating our circumstances? We would like to clear this as soon as possible.

Thank you.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    no chance as that demand is from DRP and they wont negotiate as they are a debt collector, so they added their costs onto the original invoice

the PPC are extremely unlikely to accept a lesser offer either

its now a stalemate, so get used to it , it wont go away anytime soon, despite what "you want" (you are no longer in control , which is how this sc@m works)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well it turns out that the cheque did not go through as there was an insufficient balance in the account and the cheque was sent back to our old address along with a letter.

That's lucky. You don't actually PAY these people. It's not a real fine. This is a scam, well-known rubbish from an ex-clamper.

Thank you for your reply.

How viable would it be for us to offer to pay a less amount for them to recoup their supposed 'losses' instead of the £150 they demand, also stating our circumstances? We would like to clear this as soon as possible.

No you wouldn't, there is nothing to 'clear' and they will not accept less.

STOP STOP STOP thinking about getting your wallet out. These are not a company to pay.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure