Made fleece slippers (pics)

Options
This is what I made today from my leftover fleece throws. I say slippers, I only just made the one at the mo LOL. I have to use what I have so they're not as pretty as they could be but functional I hope.
It was my own pattern and just made it up as I went along. I have poorly legs so I'm hoping these will help them.
Need to get some puffy paint to dab on the bottoms so they're non slip (if I can get that here:rolleyes: )
Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.
100_0128.jpg
100_0130-1.jpg

Comments

• tootiefrooties
    Options
    what a good idea, they (/ it!) look(s) really comfy :D

i'm sure you'll get everyone making them in all kinds of funky fabrics haha.

hope your legs get better soon
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    When are you starting to sell them? That is one funky slipper!!! Well done :D
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you ladies.

No I won't be selling them Rusty:rotfl:
    I create when I'm fed up. I've seen all the lovely things you're all making and can't do any of them, nobody to give them to. So I've had quite a downer on crafting lately so just made something for me instead.
    My DD 21 won't even be here for Christmas this year (first time in 21 years), she's touring Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Thailand, America - lovely for her, me - I'll be down to about 8 stone by the time she gets back LOL
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    soblivion - they look brilliant......:T .......bet they'll be lovely and cosy
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • NemoToad
    Options
    Wow! They look fantastic, well done! Really warm too! My slippers are on their last legs so I might look for a pattern online, I'm not creative enough to make my own, thanks for the inspiration, and I hope Christmas isn't too lonely for you.
  • soblivion
    Options
    NemoToad wrote: »
    Wow! They look fantastic, well done! Really warm too! My slippers are on their last legs so I might look for a pattern online, I'm not creative enough to make my own, thanks for the inspiration, and I hope Christmas isn't too lonely for you.

Thank you Nemo and Mary too.

No Christmas won't be lonely as such (just very different), still have hubby and DS17 here so I'm a lucky ducky.
    From Santa;) DS would like a car (not anywhere near a new one) he's having driving lessons at the mo and we shall give DD some spending money for travelling before she goes, she won't be back till well after Christmas.
    I shall miss the crafty side of christmas this year and the little surprise gifts but with the above as you can imagine I can't afford to do it. Perhaps I'm a silly fool but I enjoy all the prep side.

Nemo I couldn't find a free pattern online for this style of slipper so I took inspiration from these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000Q6JMKW/ref=dp_otherviews_0/203-0890071-8087162?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&img=0

I ummed and ahhed about adding the wheat bags, it would have been easy enough to add a pocket front but it meant I had to buy wheat and stuff which I was trying to avoid.
    If you get stuck give me a shout. When I do the other one I can take pictures of the stages if it will help.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They look fantastic for kids too!!

How about posting your own tutorial for others to use? :confused: I'm going to put this idea in the 'homemade' thread anyway ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They look fabulous, I'd love a pair - did you use elastic round the middle part?
  • MsChazzer
    Options
    They look cosy, well done! I need to make myself some new slipppers...
    Got married 23rd May 2009, many thanks to all on the Weddings and Anniversaries board for their help and support!
  • soblivion
    Options
    savvy wrote: »
    They look fantastic for kids too!!

How about posting your own tutorial for others to use? :confused: I'm going to put this idea in the 'homemade' thread anyway ;)

Thanks savvy for putting it in the homemade thread. I can do that if anyone wants it but give me till the beginning of next week as I'm painting lightbulb ornies at the mo.

Barneysmom, it was elastic yes I just sewed it round on the inside. I think that was the hardest part.

Nice for kids too, of course you'd have more of a gradient on them so the ankle and leg part aren't as wide and for anyone with normal legs - which mine aren't, hence so wide.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure