IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Ticket advice please.

Options
Hi,

My partner was using my car yesterday and got a nice £85 (£50 if paid within 14 days) windscreen parking ticket. It was in a retail park and he parked in a disabled bay without the badge. He had our 9 week old baby with him, and the parent and child spaces were full, so as he needed a wide space to get her seat out of car he parked there. I'm not excusing the fact of wrongly parking in a disabled space, I don't agree with it myself, I'm just saying the reasons for it. He was in the shop for 5 minutes and the ticket says the car was observed for 2 minutes. On his was back to the car he seen the man taking pictures. Have I got grounds to appeal? I have looked at things online and it says that disabled parking spaces aren't legally enforceable on private land. So can someone please let me know what steps I should take next please? Many thanks x

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need to read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the page first of all. That will give you the steps and info, but you do NOTHING till you get the NtK. You will find out what a NtK is in the NEWBIES thread.
  • CQ85
    CQ85 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks.

Forgot to mention the companies name is Horizon Parking Ltd.
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    There is NO shortcut.
    Start reading TOP OF THREAD NEWBIES.
    Your situation is same as everyone else's.

Read and understand the Newbies guide.
    Without reading this, trying to help you is beyond hopeless.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport