Most cost effective way to view Champions League / EPL

Options
geerex
geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
As thread title - can anyone suggest the most cost effective way of viewing both next seasons Champions League / decent number of English Premier League games?

I totally grudge forking out yet more money now that BT have the CL rights, already pay a small fortune for Sky Sports.

Currently with Sky for TV, BT for broadband and phone. Out of contract with both. Had a look at virgin, very expensive, can't get other fibre yet and not really able to go with any provider who provides TV over broadband as my ADSL is woefully unreliable.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry, but BT haven't announced prices for next season yet.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2015 at 12:16PM
    Options
    If you have BT broadband you get BT Sport included, 38 EPL games, is this a decent amount of games ?, BTS will charge something (probably) for CL football , no word yet how much ( £3 to £5 /month ?) , so if this fits your requirements , cancel Sky Sports , overall much less ££'s per month, but obviously 100+ less games , otherwise it's pay the new increased price for Sky TV and Sky Sports and also pay BT for CL football, if out of any minimum term with Sky, you could call and 'cancel' they may offer an inducement to not cancel, in my case TV was to increase to £30, I objected to the increase as it was obviously to subsidise their Sports viewers , I don't pay for Sky Sports, anyway they offered 10 months TV for £15, half price, the final 2 months at the new full price £30 but 12 month minimum term, as you have to take Sky TV to get Sky Sports I would think at a minimum you would get this deal
  • geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2015 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Its getting to be a bit of a liberty tbh. They're wanting more and more each season. No wonder folks pirate.
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Its been announced BT will reveal their prices on the 9th June.

http://www.cityam.com/216705/bt-reveal-how-much-fans-will-pay-watch-champions-league
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure