Tesco PPI - Interest

Options
Hi all,
I was contacted by Tesco via letter to advise that they may have applied undisclosed interest at 8%. I filled in the form, sent it back and they have upheld the complaint and made an offer.

However... the wording of the letter sounds very much like "if you accept this offer you wont ever mention it again".

I am wondering if they have made me a reduced offer hoping that I sign and return as once I sign I confirm that I deem the matter over and the complaint is resolved.

Has anyone else had an interest complaint upheld? Did you accept the 1st offer or should I go back? Is it worth going to the ombudsman?

Any info or advise would be fantastic.

Many thanks
Stu

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    There's no haggling, no first offer, no counter offer.

It's calculated to a defined process. If you want it, accept it. If not, reject it.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    However... the wording of the letter sounds very much like "if you accept this offer you wont ever mention it again".

Does it actually say that or is that your speed read of it and it actually says something different?

Normally, the wording is along the lines that it ends the complaint and you cannot pursue another one on the same basis again.
    I am wondering if they have made me a reduced offer hoping that I sign and return as once I sign I confirm that I deem the matter over and the complaint is resolved.

Not unless they are breaking FCA guidelines and are looking forward to the FCA fining them millions and creating re-work costing over more millions.
    Is it worth going to the ombudsman?

Your complaint was successful. You don't need the FOS to arbitrate.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am wondering if they have made me a reduced offer
    It's only an "offer" in the sense that you have the choice to accept it or reject it.

However, it's a full refund and is not somehow negotiable.

You won't be receiving any more whatever you decide.

Going to the Ombudsman would therefore be a waste of your time and theirs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure