best solution for dog wee smell

Options
Hi there
I am going to be moving to a house with a yard in a few months and was wondering what you all use for cleaning the yard. I will be taking my dogs out regular but there will be times when they do go in the yard. Im gonna get an outside tap/hose installed but is there anything else to make it smell fresh and also dog friendly
Thanks for any suggestions
L :)

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Newlifer17 wrote: »
    Hi there
    I am going to be moving to a house with a yard in a few months and was wondering what you all use for cleaning the yard. I will be taking my dogs out regular but there will be times when they do go in the yard. Im gonna get an outside tap/hose installed but is there anything else to make it smell fresh and also dog friendly
    Thanks for any suggestions
    L :)

Mistral pet safe disinfectant

https://mistralie.co.uk/products/odourfresh-pet-disinfectant-premium

check internet for prices as sometimes available cheaper elsewhere.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    Mistral pet safe disinfectant

https://mistralie.co.uk/products/odourfresh-pet-disinfectant-premium

check internet for prices as sometimes available cheaper elsewhere.

I've just bought 4 X 5litres of FreshPet disinfectant cleaner for £20.99 delivered, via Amazon, yet one container costs £12.99.

The floral perfume is lovely;just like a flower shop , but their are lots of scents to choose. I also have baby powder (reminds me of Simple solution, which is good for carpets), lavender and pine.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be honest, I'd discourage them from using the yard. I only have a small yard and even when I sluiced it down with water straight away after each wee it got minging fairly quickly.
    Current dog won't toilet in the yard, so I just take him down the road instead. It's not that much more hassle.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd discourage them from using the yard. I only have a small yard and even when I sluiced it down with water straight away after each wee it got minging fairly quickly.
    Current dog won't toilet in the yard, so I just take him down the road instead. It's not that much more hassle.
    Surely it's better to clean up wee on your own premises than inflict the smell on someone else.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My very small yard vs several huge patches of wasteland/grassy bits at the bottom of the road? It's not like I'm letting him wee up other people's gate posts or outside their houses. So not an issue, as far as I'm concerned.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Newlifer17
    Options
    After your recommendations I ordered some from Mistral and its fantastic so thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure