Google Chromebook Pixel 2013 version

Options
Giving them away on Amazon.

Does this look bona fide to you? Coming from Germany.

I know it is the 2013 version, i know it wont be getting android apps, but i had one of these till last year before selling it for 500 quid.

This one is brand new for £316.

The screen is magnificent. It has a backlit keyboard which i am missing greatly and it has touchscreen, which again i miss.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Chromebook-Pixel-2013-WiFi/dp/B00BM7Y7DQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476647602&sr=8-3&keywords=chromebook+pixel

Comments

• Fightsback
    Fightsback Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    Options
    Read the Reddit discussion here then make your mind up, do bear in mind support for that model ends in 2018.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/4iqat4/buy_a_2013_chromebook_pixel/
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No, looks very suspicious to me - the price is very low and it's also very low for many other electronic items (the camera lenses I'm familiar with are less than half what they're worth) and the seller information says to contact them before you make a purchase. Also they have over 5,000 pages of items for sale yet only 56 ratings.

I've noticed several other Amazon sellers doing the same, little feedback, very low prices and their seller information says to contact them directly outwith Amazon.

John
  • Fightsback
    Fightsback Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    Options
    Johnmcl7 wrote: »
    No, looks very suspicious to me - the price is very low and it's also very low for many other electronic items (the camera lenses I'm familiar with are less than half what they're worth) and the seller information says to contact them before you make a purchase. Also they have over 5,000 pages of items for sale yet only 56 ratings.

I've noticed several other Amazon sellers doing the same, little feedback, very low prices and their seller information says to contact them directly outwith Amazon.

John

I didn't read the advert, Amazon gets dodgier than Gumtree by the day.
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not impressed with Amazon - these scams stand out a mile and Amazon have no facility to report them either. I mailed them to highlight a seller I noticed had a ton of highly desirable electronic items they were selling for around a quarter of what they were worth, had no feedback for that type of item and had an e-mail address to contact them on for buying the items and this is what I got in response:
    Dear Seller,

Thank you for writing to us.

I was unable to locate any seller accounts using the email address from which you have written, <my e-mail address>.

To protect the security of your seller account, we only send account-specific details to an email address associated with that account.

If you established your account using a different email address, try signing in again using that email address. If you have additional questions, contact Seller Support from within your seller account.

If you have forgotten your password, please click the "Forgot your password?" link on the seller account sign-in page and follow the instructions provided to create a new password. Your new password will be effective immediately.

Thank you for your understanding of our account security precautions.

Have a great day ahead!

Their reply had a link to click if the reply wasn't helpful but it took me to a page I wasn't authorised to view. It's irritating as there's a couple of cameras I want to monitor marketplace prices on but these scamming companies make it pointless to try as their fake prices keep coming up instead.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport