Banned from facebook

Options
13»

Comments

• Fightsback
    Fightsback Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    Options
    John_Gray wrote: »
    About as helpful as suggesting that someone with Windows problems should install Linux...

John, it does actually solve a lot of them :D
    Science isn't exact, it's only confidence within limits.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe - but it's off topic!
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We do have a laptop and I believe he is permanently logged in to facebook through that, he doesn't use a tablet and isn't using the laptop much at the moment as our daughter is using it for college (she has her own windows log in) so I'll tell him to check that too

There seems to be some confusion here. Earlier you wrote:
    Thanks for your replies, he doesn't sleepwalk, and we've been together over 20 years and have no secrets so....

He doesn't even access fb through a computer just on his phone so not sure what's going on but will get to him try what you've suggested when he's home from work
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 10:45PM
    Options
    Just get rid of Facebook!
    Why?
    There are hundreds of millions of people who use FB and I wouldn't be surprised to find that the majority do so without any problems at all.
    Provided that users do a bit of research about the security aspect of it before signing up and be careful with the amount of personal information that they give out, Facebook can be a very useful communications tool.

Until a couple of years ago, I was one of the "Facebook, what use is it?" crowd but then I decided to give it a go.
    I was contacted by someone that I went to school with and whom I hadn't seen for close to 35 years and they sent me a link to a FB group whose members all went to the same school as me at the time I was there.
    Since then I've met up with a few of them, something that it's extremely unlikely would have happened if one of them hadn't decided to look on Facebook for people they used to know.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It will definitely be something to do with an app that he has given permission to post on his account by clicking on links on Facebook. You need to go on the account and remove any apps he has given permission too.

It's definitely not hacking, do you really think people who can hack into Facebook accounts would just target one account to post !!!!!! on his account. Far too often people blame the result of poor online security awareness on "hacking".
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would and do often.

Change email addresses and passwords on a regular basis. Use aliases from his main email account.

Delete and block apps he doesn't use.

End open sessions on a regular basis.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    Why?
    There are hundreds of millions of people who use FB and I wouldn't be surprised to find that the majority do so without any problems at all.
    Provided that users do a bit of research about the security aspect of it before signing up and be careful with the amount of personal information that they give out, Facebook can be a very useful communications tool.

Until a couple of years ago, I was one of the "Facebook, what use is it?" crowd but then I decided to give it a go.
    I was contacted by someone that I went to school with and whom I hadn't seen for close to 35 years and they sent me a link to a FB group whose members all went to the same school as me at the time I was there.
    Since then I've met up with a few of them, something that it's extremely unlikely would have happened if one of them hadn't decided to look on Facebook for people they used to know.

You seem to have managed for 35 years without these people in your life. Leave the past where it belongs and concentrate on today and tomorrow. After all, these are the only times you can change or influence.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    I would and do often.

Change email addresses and passwords on a regular basis. Use aliases from his main email account.

Delete and block apps he doesn't use.

End open sessions on a regular basis.

Don't forget to enable two factors authentication, that means even someone knows your password they can't log in from a device you havnt used before!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure