Williams & Glyn scrapped.

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Unless you actually owe NatWest money - you could apply for a current account and if you get declined then appeal in writing saying that wish to change from RBS.

You'll probably find the underwriter will open one for you.

Have a select acct with RBS but NatWest won't give me an acct due to bankruptcy and I want the contactless card. Plus NatWest branches are cool.

RBS say they can't transfer my acct to NatWest without opening a brand new account
  • debtorwithaquestion
    Options
    Good idea thanks- so apply online or in branch ?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

RBS say they can't transfer my acct to NatWest without opening a brand new account

Different companies under the same umbrella.
  • debtorwithaquestion
    Options
    NatWest say their policy is that until 6 years has passed and bankruptcy / DRO drops off credit files- they will only allow a foundation account.

But RBS opened my select account before my DRO and haven't converted it. DRO has now finished and account still is select account.
  • the_silence
    Options
    What will happen to the NatWest Scotland branch accounts - will they be changed to RBS?

What an absolute shambles the whole thing has been, it's been going on for years and still doesn't seem resolved.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What will happen to the NatWest Scotland branch accounts - will they be changed to RBS?

What an absolute shambles the whole thing has been, it's been going on for years and still doesn't seem resolved.

I was under the impression that the Scottish NatWest branches would suffer the same fate as the English RBS ones.

As the English ones aren't being rebranded to NatWest, I assume the Scottish branches won't either.
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The handful of Scottish NatWest branches are being lumped in with the English & Welsh RBS branches.
  • Paul_1977
    Paul_1977 Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    I thought RBS England and Wales were becoming Natwest?

So the Scottish RBS branches will become Natwest as well, the end of the RBS brand?
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Scottish RBS branches will rebrand to "Royal Bank of Scotland" as the three letter acronym has been deemed to be to closely associated with the financial crisis...
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Paul_1977 wrote: »
    I thought RBS England and Wales were becoming Natwest?

So the Scottish RBS branches will become Natwest as well, the end of the RBS brand?

No. The RBS branches in England & Wales still have to be sold off and the clock is ticking.

Scottish RBS branches will stay as they are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure