Success with PPI claim!

Options
I just wanted to share that I applied for mis-sold PPI with Lloyds using revolver site on 31st May 2017 and I have just had almost £13,000 back on 2 cards and a loan!

Thank you so much MSE! I am overjoyed!

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EmmaVD wrote: »
    I just wanted to share that I applied for mis-sold PPI with Lloyds using revolver site on 31st May 2017 and I have just had almost £13,000 back on 2 cards and a loan!

Thank you so much MSE! I am overjoyed!

You "applied for mis-sold PPI" ? :rotfl: ; i always find it amusing how people actually get a refund of their PPI payments but are unable to correctly state what they did to get it!.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree, it would be a help to other posters to know what was actually done to get the refund.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think it's clear from the OP's terminology that it was the Bank's investigation (rather than her actual complaint) which resulted in the refund.
  • Jd23845
    Jd23845 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    That's great news.

Could you tell me a little bit about the process you went through with them. I've currently submitted 2 complaints and got sent some questionnaires to complete a little while ago but nothing since.

I know other people got sent a text when they were nearing the end of their investigation, did you?
  • Tacosss1985
    Tacosss1985 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I got refunded PPI for a loan I got when I was 18 I got the debt written off eventually (longer story) but all I did was write a letter I had my original contrast which didn't specify the PPI but just had 'charges' on it. I requested a break down of these charges and asked if it was PPI, and if so I wasn't told about this and felt it was mis sold they didn't even question me, just sent me the money
  • Tacosss1985
    Tacosss1985 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    That meant to say contract won't let me edit
  • luci_1
    Options
    I have just made a successful claim against Yorkshire Bank - rang their ppi complaints department and did it over the phone. I didn't have paperwork but I did have loan ref numbers from my credit report - last loan had been paid off @8 yrs before. It wasn't difficult, don't involve a claims firm you really don't need to. Just over 17k
  • 66delboy66
    Options
    Hi
    Just got back over £10k in PPI compensation from the Clydesdale /Yorkshire Bank this despite failing two years ago using a claims company .
    The excuse YB gave originally was that it was too long ago for them to check ,well after reading Martin's ppi advice one day I thought why not so I used the Resolver tool on MSE website ,filled template letter in and sent it via email to resolver,low and behold a few weeks later a letter came from YB to say they were investigating ,then about a month later I got a letter saying my complaint was upheld :T
    The moral of the story is just because you've been knocked back using a claims company keep going and try again yourself
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    66delboy66 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just got back over £10k in PPI compensation from the Clydesdale /Yorkshire Bank this despite failing two years ago using a claims company .
    The excuse YB gave originally was that it was too long ago for them to check ,well after reading Martin's ppi advice one day I thought why not so I used the Resolver tool on MSE website ,filled template letter in and sent it via email to resolver,low and behold a few weeks later a letter came from YB to say they were investigating ,then about a month later I got a letter saying my complaint was upheld :T
    The moral of the story is just because you've been knocked back using a claims company keep going and try again yourself

Actually, its more likely that its because yours is Clydesdale. They were fined and have been instructed to go back over previous rejections and review the complaints again. A task that is still ongoing. By you raising your complaint again, it brought your review to the front. They would almost certainly have got to you at some point had you done nothing.
    Another plus is that you don't have to pay the CMC anything.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • minichick
    minichick Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    can you tell me how long it took for you to received your refund from the Clydesdale bank?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure