IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye cockhedge

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    C) [STRIKE]No genuine pre-estimate of loss[/STRIKE]. This disproportionate charge is a penalty, not saved by the non-comparable Beavis case

Remove the words about 'pre-estimate of loss' as POPLA will read only that far...

Also, the 'no landowner authority' point is better using the longer version shown in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread. It's a more recent template.

And don't suggest the PCN is a non-POFA one unless it is a non-POFA one! PE's version (when served by day 15) is considered compliant with the POFA. No point arguing it unless it's a non-POFA one with nothing about 29 days/keeper liability.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • katyjane80
    katyjane80 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Ok great, thanks for the help... I have removed the 'No genuine Pre-estimate of loss' as suggested and changed the No landowner authority paragraph to the longer one.

Are you suggesting that I just remove (No keeper Liability) section E altogether??

Thanks again
    Katy
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    katyjane80 wrote: »
    Ok great, thanks for the help... I have removed the 'No genuine Pre-estimate of loss' as suggested and changed the No landowner authority paragraph to the longer one.

Are you suggesting that I just remove (No keeper Liability) section E altogether??

Thanks again
    Katy

No. You need to tell us/work out if it is or isn't POFA 2012 compliant. If it is, don't mention it. If isn't POFA 2012 complaint you leave it in as it will be a winning point.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • katyjane80
    Options
    I think it is POFA compliant, on the original PNC there is a section on it about POFA which states 'you are warned that if after 29 days from date given blah blah'
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 17 June 2017 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Remove that section then, it's not worth arguing at POPLA v a PE PCN that mentions POFA.
  • katyjane80
    edited 18 June 2017 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Hi all, I think I'm almost there, just a couple of things:

The text box i am to put the appeal into has a maximum limit which my appeal exceeds, should i upload it as PDF evidence and then just type in the box 'please see attached appeal' or something to that effect??

Also, the 'grounds for appeal' which are bullet pointed, the third bullet point says 'No Genuine Pre-estimate of Loss' should i change this to read 'Disproportionate Charge' instead so it doesn't get rejected before it's even been read?

Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    choose OTHER and upload the pdf of the appeal by clicking the "bin" icon and using the box that opens to locate your finished pdf and select it

if a text box opens , put what you said "see attached appeal" or similar
  • katyjane80
    Options
    Hi redx,

when you submit your appeal there is a free type box which asks for details of appeal, and then underneath there's a 'upload evidence box' The bin icon only appears once I have uploaded the PDF as evidence. The question i am trying to ask is, will they look at the 'uploaded evidence' if the text box is empty or it just says please see attached appeal?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would suggest that only POPLA could answer that particular question as we have no idea what their internal procedures are (so do it and ring them tomorrow if it concerns you so much - then come back and tell us , this is how we learn , from the experiences of others like yourself)

although it is dangerous to assume , I would assume that you should put "see attached appeal" in the free text box , upload the evidence until it changes to a bin icon , then submit it

I would assume that they would see this note in the free text box and look at the attachment in word or adobe reader or similar

but what we "assume" isnt always what people do , we are not privy to the internal workings of the OMBUDSMAN SERVICE or for that matter the BPA or the DVLA or these PPC`s , although we do have some ideas what goes on from various information outlets or leaks ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes - but to be fair this is obvious stuff:

I always put 'see attached appeal in PDF form'.

And where it then says 'how does this attachment support your appeal' I put:

'It is my appeal'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure