Hargreaves Lansdown funds

Options
2»

Comments

• mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    RobertR wrote: »
    I have just contacted H-L seeking clarification as to whether they will allow this. I am currently saving £50 per month but would like to increase the number of funds in my holding.

I have asked if it is possible to increase my dd to £150 per month for two months, leaving £50 in four additional funds, then suspend the payments (to do this you just need to change the monthly amount to 0) then add further minimum deposits of £250 as and when.

It will be interesting to see what they say, or if they even bother to reply, but I thought it was best to try and check first before simply going ahead.

iii.co.uk allow you to invest as little as £20 in funds and their funds builder allows you to set a monthly amount and allocate it between funds as you chose, with the ability to change the allocation as often as you like without penalty. There is also no ISA annual management charge, but I don't know how the initial charge discounts stack up against H-L for the funds you are interested in.

Mac
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
  • atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    I have asked if it is possible to increase my dd to £150 per month for two months, leaving £50 in four additional funds, then suspend the payments (to do this you just need to change the monthly amount to 0) then add further minimum deposits of £250 as and when.
    Andrew2010 wrote: »
    You mean end the DD after one payment? That sounds reasonable provided the minimum lump sum is in doesn't it?

You can do both of these. It's all online so there's no need to call.
  • RobertR
    RobertR Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just received a reply from H-L.
    Thank you for your e-mail.

We are able to accommodate the changes you would like to make to your regular savings plan. However, we are unable to accept an email instruction to make the changes.

You are able to amend your Regular Savings into your Vantage account online. Once logged in, select the green box labelled ‘View Your Portfolio’. From there select your Stocks and Shares ISA. Above the table of your holdings there is a series of grey tabs one of which is labelled ‘Monthly Savings’. You are able to amend the amount and investment instruction.

Alternatively you are able to amend your regular savings with our Regular Savings team on 0117 980 9957. You are unable to suspend part of a regular savings instruction and therefore you would need to contact us after two months to amend the regular savings back to the original amount.

I hope this has been of assistance to you, if you have any further queries please contact us on 0117 900 9000.

So it looks as if there is no problem, apart from the fact that you just need to contact them after 2 months to amend the direct debit instruction.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just received a reply from H-L.

So it looks as if there is no problem, apart from the fact that you just need to contact them after 2 months to amend the direct debit instruction.
    Ummmm, this can't be correct.

We set up monthly investing for some funds, changed the amount in a fund (and overall Direct Debit amount), switched funds and monthly DD, also stopped it for a few months and then restarted it (completely different amounts/funds).

My information is that the DD will stay valid for 12 months. And, as someone else mentioned all done online, quite nice.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Ummmm, this can't be correct.

We set up monthly investing for some funds, changed the amount in a fund (and overall Direct Debit amount), switched funds and monthly DD, also stopped it for a few months and then restarted it (completely different amounts/funds).

My information is that the DD will stay valid for 12 months. And, as someone else mentioned all done online, quite nice.

I've also done that with my ISA (except the stopping DD) but have increased the amount and investment over the last few months. All done online and easy peasy!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hlmonthly.png

And it looks like this.

You can change it to £0, add funds, chance funds, add more money etc.
  • LOST
    LOST Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    slight hijack,

is it possible to DD into the cash account and then buy into funds with the cash (min £50 a go) when you feel the funds are a better buy in terms of value rather than the 10th of the month when they usually invest?
    {Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature please contact the Forum Team}
  • sunil1234
    Options
    LOST wrote: »
    slight hijack,

is it possible to DD into the cash account and then buy into funds with the cash (min £50 a go) when you feel the funds are a better buy in terms of value rather than the 10th of the month when they usually invest?

yes mate it is But as your buying monthly anyhow does it matter?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure