IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Regus- Norwich

Options
Our student son rented a room in Norwich on an estate run by Regus. He was given three parking tickets which we paid £300. We now discover that Regus , who employ the firm,do this all the time and it is not legal - the lease allowed him to park in the allocated space - he did not under the lease have to show any parking permit which neither he nor his landlord had. They have been taken to court and have lost their cases. We have now received a debt recovery letter too - my son suffers from anxiety issues and he is terrified that this will show on his credit record even though he is sure he;s paid everything via paypal.

How do we deal with the letter from the debt collection agency?
how do we get our £300 back?

I hope you can help.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This is an 'info only' thread, please open a new thread of your own. Tell us who the parking tickets came from (surely not from Regus?).

New thread!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Puddin_Heed
    Options
    I have a learning disability which means it is difficult for me
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I have a learning disability which means it is difficult for me

Best get your son to open a thread of his own. They're his tickets and he will need to do a lot of reading if he's to get anywhere with them. Being a student, he shouldn't have much difficulty with the necessary research.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Puddin_Heed
    Options
    He too has a difficulty so please leave us alone
  • Umkomaas
    Options

Pardon? I'm trying to help you here.

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

OH .. OK and thanks for dropping by anyway
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2017 at 2:42PM
    Options

Its not a matter of ganging-up on you.

You clearly agreed not to hijack threads as part of your signup, so its pretty reasonable for us to assume you understood that.

And you will get the best help if you post your own threads - but in your case, having paid, its going to be difficult as the are not reasonable/honourable companies. :(

Raising hell with Regus and involving any support people he may have would be my first suggestion - and doubly so if his issues are covered by the Equality Act.

Oh and your user name - Are you perhaps in Scotland and is his main address still there? This is very relevant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure