IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ASDA Parking Eye PCN

Options
Hello everyone. First I would like to apologise for opening a new thread but I couldn't find a similar situation on this forum and not for the lack of trying. A friend of mine received a postal PCN from Parking Eye after parking roughly 3 hours in ASDA Ramsgate parking lot between 00 and some minutes and 3 and some minutes AM. We went for a easter party and along was another car with some friends in it that didn't received a PCN and parked at the same time and left at the same time aswell. Besides, our host said that he parks there all the time and leaves his car overnight for more than a month now and never received a PCN. (His car was there that night too and stayed till morning) A friend of the host does the same. So, out of 4 cars, 2 of which park regularly there, only one got fined. Can my friend appeal and win? We got no receipts from ASDA for that day.
Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I couldn't find a similar situation on this forum and not for the lack of trying
    Do you mean another one where they went for an Easter party? :) Because that seems to be the only part of your post that might separate it from the tens of thousands of ParkingEye tickets we deal with.

Totally irrelevant is what happened to any other car there.

It needs to be handled in the same way as virtually any other ticket on here by firstly reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 initially and following the advice in it.

What did Asda say when you complained? Are you regular shoppers there? Take some old receipts or bank/cc statements tomprove regular patronage and get them to cancel this. Be polite, but assertive.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Emanuel.Bai
    Options
    Sorry but didn't find any situation in which more cars where involved but only one got fined. My friend never shopped there and he didn't complain at ASDA. The shop was closed at that time so we can't say we went shopping. I red the newbie faq sticky. Just wondering if the: "I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis" would work. I know he's guilty but I am trying to help him.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    He is certainly guilt of trespass, but it is a £100 trespass?

You have done some reading, follow the advice given and appeal on signage, contract, standing, timeliness etc., and complain, (nicely), to ASDA, If they refuse to help, write some bad stuff on their Facebook page. You are, after all, a good customer.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Emanuel.Bai
    Options
    They are asking for 70 reduced to 40 if paid in 14 days. I will help my friend appeal if he wishes so. If the appeal fails he will have to pay full amount or he can still pay 40? Thank you.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your situation won't mean anything as far as a PPC is concerned because they do not deal in facts, just money - For the effective strategies to challenge a PPC, you need to get to work on the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum. ASDA and their parking predators are well known here.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I know he's guilty but I am trying to help him.
    We don't deal with 'guilty' here. There are many more guilty parties in this than your friend.

Deal with this entirely as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky and you (your friend) won't go far wrong!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They are asking for 70 reduced to 40 if paid in 14 days. I will help my friend appeal if he wishes so. If the appeal fails he will have to pay full amount or he can still pay 40? Thank you.

No he can't.

Was the PCN received within 14 days and does it mention the POFA and keeper liability (it's now on the back of all the recent PCNs I've handled for people v PE, but it depends when the PCN was served as to whether they can hold the keeper liable).

All is explained in the NEWBIES thread. This is the same as all the others appealed & won every day.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure