Is this a good deal? Phone, internet & calls...

Options
Found out my internet deal had come to an end and have been offered with TalkTalk (TT) a new 24 month deal of upgraded router/fibre, internet & landline, unlimited internet, free evening & weekend calls for £23.75 per month for 24 months?

I know there was a deal with BT but didn't take that up as moved from them to TT 18 months ago due to horrendous connection problems that couldn't be resolved.

I want to keep my costs down and have just had a bill for £9 for internet & £3 for calls.

My feeling was it was a good deal as cheaper than current, plus free calls (I don't make that many though but better in my pocket than theirs?)

Thoughts please?

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A deal with inclusive evening and weekend calls exposes you to high call charges if you make any calls before 7pm. If you were to make just one five minute chargeable call per week you will already have spent more than if you had signed up for a deal with unlimited calls at any time. Change the deal to include anytime calls to avoid running up a large bill or having to wait until 7pm to make calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure