No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2015

Options

Comments

• shandyclover
    Options
    A flurry of GA's

My mum broke her leg and ended up in hospital for surgery and 8 days of observation. I didn't have time to buy her some needed things so just grabbed from my collection...

Schwartzkopf colour freeze spray in conditioner - she agreed with me, it smells amazing and makes your hair lovely and soft.

Inecto 'festival' dry shampoo

DD4's 19th birthday last week (my baby!) Her first birthday away from her family as she recently moved to London and is doing a TESL course as well as working. Like most students she is strapped for cash so as well as her pressies I put together a little survival bag with all her favourite products, as well as some make up from my stash...

Garnier BB miracle skin perfecter
    Rimmel stay matte concealer
    Miss Sporty so clear pressed powder
    Revlon just bitten lipstain + balm in 'gothic'
    Manhattan eyemazing mascara
    Rimmel colour rush balm 'on fire'
    NYC automatic eyeliner pencil basic black

No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    An NBI, and it isn't shampoo or conditioner this time but this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015CMHVMK

A Bronnley Rose gift set of body lotion and shower/bath gel. No way is it worth £20, but it is nice, surprised at no natural ingredients, however.

UU of a Downton Abbey Bath Elixir that I used as shower gel. Perfectly decent gel, just as good in the shower as it would have been in the bath.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WeAreGhosts - I agree about the compressed cans, they run out very quickly.

Shandyclover - hope your mum is OK now.

I have a uu

Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner 200ml - this lasted an age, WNBA, it is OK but nothing special.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    UU #1 from Tuesday night. Superdrug Mild & Gentle Frequent Use Shampoo. WNBA as I was having to wash my hair more frequently than when I use many others. Replaced with an Alberto Balsam Pomegranate Shampoo from my 'already open' stocks (400ml bottle which probably has just over a third of the original contents left).

UU #2 from yesterday morning. Colgate Ultrabrite Toothpaste. WMBA if I find at a good price as it's not significantly different to most I use. Replaced with the part used Arm & Hammer one from the cloakroom (tend to only use the one in there once or twice a week, so I regularly move around like this to make sure I'm using up the older ones first), which has in turn been replaced with the part used Aquafresh from my travel washbag which probably won't be used again until next April or May. Will find another for there when I need it.
    Cheryl
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 UU to report!

avon on duty light bloom roll on deodorant- WBA on offer. Nice scent, does the job well.

boots fresh strawberry body cream- WBA As part of gift set, used this as a foot cream instead. Did the job well although I think it'd be a better general body lotion as it was supposed to be and not re purposed. It wasn't as runny as I was expecting which I liked and the scent was nice. got another stashed somewhere, these were from gift sets.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • rdone
    rdone Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do any of you count make up brushes in your stash? Because I have just noticed how many I have and it is ridiculous! I only use half of them I would say.
    My debt free diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348513/large-renovation-tiny-budget-lets-go/p1?new=1

Debt: £14,896.33 @ 21/04/2020.
    Down to: £4,982.12 @ 08/06/2022
    Today: £14,256.23
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    rdone wrote: »
    Do any of you count make up brushes in your stash? Because I have just noticed how many I have and it is ridiculous! I only use half of them I would say.

i do purely for that reason so when i think about buying more i'm reminded of just what i have at home!

UU
    Laura Mercier mini loose powder - this was nothing special tbh, just bog standard powder!
    Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy Foundation Sample - already got a full size of this and my skin has *marginally* cleared up this week as I've used it.
    L'Oreal eyebrow pencil - WBNA the colour was just too unnatural and it seemed to barely last! the wax was gone so quickly too.
    Benefit mini eye liner - WNBA it is long lasting but no better than others. also they aren't cruelty free.

my mum says my Love Lula box has arrived so i will have some INs and spoilers show a shower gel in this months Vegan Kind and some millionaire crisp breads that people seem to be raving about!
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some more uu's this evening.

Sensodyne repair and protect whitening toothpaste - WBA expensive but worth it as it does a good job and has stopped my teeth hurting so much when I eat anything remotely sugary or cold! Replaced with another sensodyne one.

Imperial leather fruit salad shower cream - WBA I liked the scent of this and the cream wasn't as watery as I thought it'd be. My only gripe was that it wasn't always easy to rub it in but once I did it gave a good enough lather. Needed quite a bit I thought though and it didn't last long however wasn't one of the bigger imperial leather bottles I think it was 250ml. And it did definitely smell like the sweets to me! I wouldn't pay full price for it like I did with this one I would buy it again on offer at a pound though.

Sanctuary pumice foot scrub - WBA I liked this it wasn't too harsh but did a good job I think.

Montagne jeunesse fruit smoothie face masque - Wmba this wasn't my favourite from their range as I prefer the peel off ones as it gets quite messy and a pain to get this one off! I think the peel off ones suit my skin better too. It did smell nice though.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • Plumpudding
    Options
    Hello all
    Welcome newbies!
    Pleased to report some progress on the PP list. Ones in red all done.
    1) Olay 30 second wrinkle filler 7ml
    2) Origins starting over facial moisturiser 15ml
    3) [FONT=&quot]Elemental herbology cell plumping facial hydrator 15 ml
    4) Keratin conditioner 250ml
    5) Sanctuary mandelular body scrub 200ml

6) Organic Surge sugared almond shower gel 250 ml
    7) Organic Surge sweet orange body cream 200ml
    8) Ren rosa centifolia exfoliating scrub 100ml
    9) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bee Good propolis and honey 2 in 1 cream cleanser 100ml
    10) Origins GinZing for tired skin 7 ml
    11) Maddie Alexander rose bath oil 20ml
    12) Molton Brown lip saver 10ml

[FONT=&quot]And high hopes of finishing the rest[FONT=&quot] of them. I've not got much to say about the re[FONT=&quot]cent UUs, the body [FONT=&quot]cream had that slightly plastic smell. The sanctuary sc[FONT=&quot]rub was ok, but[FONT=&quot] I think [FONT=&quot]it was microbeads so [FONT=&quot]won't buy that again.
    [FONT=&quot]I[FONT=&quot] am [FONT=&quot]going to paint my nails in a minute.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Re[FONT=&quot]gretta[FONT=&quot]bly.[FONT=&quot]..[/FONT] I[FONT=&quot] have [FONT=&quot]qu[FONT=&quot]ite a few INs [FONT=&quot]to report. [FONT=&quot]The get the gloss cult box arrive[FONT=&quot]d, [FONT=&quot]also I got a perfume society box, and er, did I mention the heart beauty ess[FONT=&quot]entials box [FONT=&quot]before? And[FONT=&quot] then[FONT=&quot] I saw an offer in at home m[FONT=&quot]agazine for a £100 worth of products (travel size) [FONT=&quot]for £12.99 and [FONT=&quot]it [FONT=&quot]included a few things I[FONT=&quot]'ve been wa[FONT=&quot]nting to try and I wi[FONT=&quot]ll use all th[FONT=&quot]e [FONT=&quot]rest. Apart from [FONT=&quot]maybe the guam [FONT=&quot]seaweed [FONT=&quot]wrap, which involves wrapping the thighs in cling film and waiting 45 mins.... If anyone does fancy this, let me[FONT=&quot] know and will post it to you![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2015 at 12:40AM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I recently moved to France for a few months and in my determination to keep up this challenge and be money-saving, I ended up packing more toiletries than clothes! My luggage weighed a ton and it wasn't til I unpacked that I realised it was my toiletries weighing me down. Thank god, London is only a train ride away so I can stock up on clothes (not toiletries).

UUs:

Tesco sanitary towels. Was good substitute for always and better than Superdrug and feels less plastic.

Blistex raspberry lip salve. WMBA, very sweet and moisturizer.

Dirty Betty Hands that do wishes hand cream. OK kept my hands moisturised enough.

Dirty Betty Facial scrub Did a decent job but has paraffin in it.

Simple soap :WMBA, not too drying on skin.

In:

Veet facial strips
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family