IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Believe me they know what I think of them, £319 home shopping delivery given to us free, well it was infested with maggots.

Two deliveries with spirit bottles still with security tags attached driver showed us how to break them off.

Raspberries substituted for grapes.

A whole delivery failed to arrive.

They are total Muppets and deserve all they get, now with Ocado they are the canines wobblies.

WOW ...... maggots ???? Did you find out if they came from Tesco or Horizon ?

As you know I go fishing so do Tesco's sell maggots cheaper then.

Must admit, their food is not a touch on M&S

So, to sum up, maggots, wrong product, security tags on booze left on, no delivery and now ..... entering into the scam business

Those security tags though, does that mean that the Tesco staff like the cam-spies can escape the confines of Tesco.

I must assume that this "CAT" chick who is running the parking division of Tesco is as thick as the bosses
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2016 at 8:43PM
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    Our local Tesco ( in Scotland0 had to apply to the council to take over the car park so that disabled parking bays could be enforced.
    That is unlikely to be true - although that might be the way Tesco's spun things. The law in Scotland is slightly different to that south of the border as a consequence of the Disabled Persons Parking Places (Scotland) Act 2009 which places the responsibility for blue badge enforcement on local authorities - even on private land. Councils have had to negotiate with landowners to ensure that there is legal provisions between them to ensure that they can fulfil their duties.
    sheramber wrote: »
    The biggest offender were the local police parking at the door to go in and buy there lunch.
    Oh dear. If it isn't buying do-nuts, using the blues and twos to get back to the station for tea or using their big vans to move house then the only reason why a police vehicle is parked at a supermarket is because officers are buying their lunch.

Apart from the fact that a police officer can give permission for a vehicle to be parked in a way that would otherwise disclose an offence officers are encouraged to park in a visible fashion - to be obvious. Perhaps its news to some but officers are human (largely speaking) and need to eat so what is wrong with them buying food?

However, given current pressures on the much reduced numbers of front-line officers I doubt that they are swanning. There is no time for that. Police work involves far more than dashing from incident to incident with the siren yelping because it sounds good, beating up gobby youths or pulling boyracers because they want to admire their rims. Get real.

If you are jealous of the fact that officers get to exceed the speed limit occasionally or park "wherever they like", buy food while at work - and eat it, then you too could enjoy the same "privileges". All you have to accept in return is being spat at in the face by a seriously over-refreshed young female graduate who has just vomited down your back and believes that being helped out of the one remaining stiletto (so she doesn't break her ankle) is an assault worthy of being bitten on the arm so hard it draws blood; walking along the hard-shoulder in the driving rain picking up the body parts of an unfortunate motorcyclist who had an entanglement with the Armco barrier and then going to the bereaved mother's home to tell her that her only son has died. I'd call that a spanking deal.

Of course the other alternative is that if you don't like the police service don't bother calling them. That is until the batteries in your TV remote go flat, your darling Jocasta chucks your best quality genuine synthetic pearl ear-rings down the bog or you run out of emergency credit on your electric key because you were too busy binge-watching TOWIE or whatever last night to top-it up[/rant].
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • beamerguy
    edited 9 October 2016 at 9:02PM
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »

Apart from the fact that a police officer can give permission for a vehicle to be parked in a way that would otherwise disclose an offence officers are encouraged to park in a visible fashion - to be obvious. Perhaps its news to some but officers are human (largely speaking) and need to eat so what is wrong with them buying food?

[/rant].

but can they give permission to themselves ???

So, they eat, so they buy food .... so they abide by the law ... so they park where they are allowed to, not on double yellows, not on grass verges chumping on garage fodder, seen so many times
  • HO87
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    but can they give permission to themselves ???

So, they eat, so they buy food .... so they abide by the law ... so they park where they are allowed to, not on double yellows, not on grass verges chumping on garage fodder, seen so many times
    Seen? By whom? Can't have been you BG unless it was on your screen :p

Apart from the fact that I can't be ar*ed to deconstuct the argument in detail. I'd cry BS. These comments go into the same BS urban myth folder as "buses always come along in threes" and "the cheque is in the post".

The police unlike other parts of the establishment are very visible and as a consequence an all too convenient Aunt Sally. I've eaten garage fodder for the simple reason that I have been too busy patching up a warring couple for the sixth time that week to be able to get home and eat something decent. Or have gone without any food at all because a poor chap that has been detained under the Mental Health Act requires constant observations and Social Services can't raise a suitable case worker to attend outside office hours.

Like I said BG if you don't like it, don't use them. I'm sure some security company will be more than happy to assist you. At a price. And don't go thinking I'm shooting a line here. If what the May woman started whilst she was Home Secretary was to continue to its natural conclusion the vast majority of the public will be "policed" by non-warranted civvies and constables will only be trotted out to make arrests and to execute search warrants. What makes you think that civvy security staff will park any better or will be less inclined to eat crap?

Be careful what you wish for.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Seen? By whom? Can't have been you BG unless it was on your screen :p

Apart from the fact that I can't be ar*ed to deconstuct the argument in detail. I'd cry BS. These comments go into the same BS urban myth folder as "buses always come along in threes" and "the cheque is in the post".

The police unlike other parts of the establishment are very visible and as a consequence an all too convenient Aunt Sally. I've eaten garage fodder for the simple reason that I have been too busy patching up a warring couple for the sixth time that week to be able to get home and eat something decent. Or have gone without any food at all because a poor chap that has been detained under the Mental Health Act requires constant observations and Social Services can't raise a suitable case worker to attend outside office hours.

Like I said BG if you don't like it, don't use them. I'm sure some security company will be more than happy to assist you. At a price. And don't go thinking I'm shooting a line here. If what the May woman started whilst she was Home Secretary was to continue to its natural conclusion the vast majority of the public will be "policed" by non-warranted civvies and constables will only be trotted out to make arrests and to execute search warrants. What makes you think that civvy security staff will park any better or will be less inclined to eat crap?

Be careful what you wish for.

You make some interesting comments. and my comment related to what sheramber said. I have seen the same and not on the screen.

Nobody is knocking what you or your fellow officers do, it just a simple comment
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    All in all, it is clear that Tesco actually don't understand the parking industry
    Which brings us to the age-old insourcing/outsourcing argument that goes round and round every few years.

Tesco's core competency (arguably :)) is selling us stuff, sourcing it, getting it to the stores, encouraging us to buy it from them. Other things they try to outsource so they don't have to become experts. Most companies do this with things like facilities management, core IT services, catering and so on. Tesco don't want to know about parking management so, in their naivety, outsource it to a company who they thought does know about it (not realising they are just as ignorant about "management"). And, as is often the case, when an outsourced service doesn't perform, it's brought in-house, forcing them to learn about this area. Inevitably, they'll make mistakes along the way, largely due to ignorance, and after wasting loads of money and good-will, they'll give up and outsource it again. And so the merry-go-round continues. [The classic for this is IT services; a friend of mine has been at the same company for many years, but has been successively outsourced and insourced back again so many times, he's lost count.]
  • HO87
    edited 10 October 2016 at 11:09AM
    Options
    You make some interesting comments. and my comment related to what sheramber said. I have seen the same and not on the screen.

Nobody is knocking what you or your fellow officers do, it just a simple comment
    If your intention was not to knock what officers do then what was it?

Of course you and the earlier poster were knocking officers because that is what such comments are about. The implication is always that the officers were doing something they shouldn't and that the only reason they got away with it is because they are police officers.

And the intention in my responding? To attempt to educate those who are otherwise ignorant of the raw reality behind what officers are obliged to do and use their imaginations to fill in the gaps.

Can you imagine how nice it is to get out of a patrol car periodically that despite being steam cleaned still stinks of vomit and other bodily waste? And even though it reeks you have no choice but to use it because there is no spare? But then reality might get in the way of a cheap jibe.

• beamerguy
    Options
    If your intention was not to knock what officers do then what was it?

Of course you and the earlier poster were knocking officers because that is what such comments are about. The implication is always that the officers were doing something they shouldn't and that the only reason they got away with it is because they are police officers.

And the intention in my responding? To attempt to educate those who are otherwise ignorant of the raw reality behind what officers are obliged to do and use their imaginations to fill in the gaps.

Can you imagine how nice it is to get out of a patrol car periodically that despite being steam cleaned still stinks of vomit and other bodily waste? And even though it reeks you have no choice but to use it because there is no spare? But then reality might get in the way of a cheap jibe.

That was a simple statement and that is all. I have friends in the force and know exactly what they go through. None of this is under discussion
  • ANNOYED1
    ANNOYED1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Having contacted tesco on this matter they are saying the disabled bays are for blue badge holders only and only for people with physical disabilities. They are completely ignoring the Equality Act and saying to take it up with the council.
    They are saying that people with mental health problems who need the bays cannot park there.
    Despite being told that Blue Badge scheme is for Council car parks and highways only.
    They say because other retailers do this so they will do this and that it is not illegal.
    They say to discuss the situation with customer service desk in store.
    Also was told that physical disabilities have more priorities than mental disabilities.

If i receive any PCN i will challenge them and make tesco compensate me for many additional distress caused by the situation. I advice others to do the same. Don't let them bully you.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    who did you speak to ?

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income