Savings accounts deposits by Direct Debit? UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    They take a couple of weeks to set up so you might have missed any set up for collection early this month. If that's the case it might be next month before they are called again.

It's been 4-5 weeks (set up 7th August) so they should have processed then.
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been 4-5 weeks (set up 7th August) so they should have processed then.
    I agree.

I can only suggest you contact the charities involved - perhaps it's not worth their while to collect £1.00 DDs.

Have you considered Tesco's Online Saver accounts?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pmjenkins wrote: »
    I'm afraid you're wrong. I have several PO accounts (even two of the same issue) all with different nominated bank accounts.

You might be right there, it's such a long time since I ditched my PO accounts. There was definitely some restrictions though - perhaps it was that you can only have 1 nominated account per OP account, i.e. you are effectively limited to one DD per account. In other words, if you need a dozen DDs, you needed a dozen PO accounts.
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    I agree.

I can only suggest you contact the charities involved - perhaps it's not worth their while to collect £1.00 DDs.

Have you considered Tesco's Online Saver accounts?

Have set up the Tesco online saver account and set up a direct debit per account - and then, ironically, the PDSA pulled £1 from one of the accounts this morning so hopefully the other two will follow. Cancer Research still MIA.

Will wait and see what happens but hopefully two DDs will go from each account to somewhere this month and I'll get my interest!

Many thanks for the help.
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • superstar_2
    superstar_2 Posts: 2,104 Forumite
    Options
    I understand that some of the charities have ignored the DD requests - any successful ones?
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 19 October 2017 at 7:03PM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177

As posted by Scarecrow......on Savings and Investment board.

Tesco Bank changes ....Summary of key changes - I quote: 'We are making changes to the way in which you can fund your Account. In particular, as of 22 April 2018 you will not be able to fund your Account by way of Direct Debits. On this date all Direct Debits set up on your Account will be cancelled. No further Direct Debits can be set up from this date.'
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ken68 wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177

As posted by Scarecrow......on Savings and Investment board.

Tesco Bank changes ....Summary of key changes - I quote: 'We are making changes to the way in which you can fund your Account. In particular, as of 22 April 2018 you will not be able to fund your Account by way of Direct Debits. On this date all Direct Debits set up on your Account will be cancelled. No further Direct Debits can be set up from this date.'
    I'd take it with a pinch of salt for now. A brand new poster and no-one else (not a single person) has confirmed receiving the same information.

Probably true, but I'd like a bit more confirmation before doing anything else.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 19 October 2017 at 9:09PM
    Options
    Yes Glider , could be, he has the right user name. lol
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think, because most of us have been half expecting this change, anyway, it becomes easier to believe but I don't think anyone will be doing anything until we get some written confirmation from Tesco
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    I'd take it with a pinch of salt for now. A brand new poster and no-one else (not a single person) has confirmed receiving the same information.

Probably true, but I'd like a bit more confirmation before doing anything else.

Only one post with such a sensational news. He might be chukling reading the response from people on the thread he has started.

The clue is in his user name. Scarecrow.

But you will never know it might be true.

Same here I do not want to invst time before this message is confimerd by another person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure