Enterprise - insurance backed guarantee

Options
We have received a letter from the Liquidator of Enterprise informing us we are policyholders and with details about making a claim via email.

There is no mention of what the policy is for, it is just a standardised "Dear Policyholder" letter, but the letter is addresses to:

Name
Double glazing company
Our address

so I assume the insurance backed guarantee for our doors was underwritten by Enterprise.

We didn't have any car insurance underwritten by them, but I understand the process was to buy new insurance and then claim a refund/compensation from the Enterprise Liquidator, but what happens in our case? The cost of the insurance would have made up part of the cost we paid for our doors, but it wasn't a separate fee and as far as I'm aware insurance backed guarantees are provided/organised by installers, so not something we could purchased separately or replace ourselves - the installers will need to do it, if they do it at all? Are we at the mercy of the installers or is there something we could/should do ourselves, please?

Comments

• Tytalus
    Options
    Hi randomdate+reason :),

We've had a similar letter from the Liquidator of Enterprise Insurance, which refers to the Underwriter's website.

This relates to the collapse of the firm (with astonishing debts) as reported by MSE

It looks like a couple of things are going on:
    1 - all motor policies are now void, meaning people are potentially driving without insurance if they haven't already organised alternatives.

2 - Other policies (underwriting's for house improvements, GAP insurance and others, like our Solar Panel installations) are being dealt with now.

The FSCS are supposed to be involved, and as you've got a letter, the liquidator is supposed to inform the FSCS about you.

What's not clear to me, though, is what happens next?! Am I supposed to get my own insurance for something that was automatic, like your doors? How on earth would I go about that?

All very confusing, but can someone advise?
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We too have had a letter from Grant Thorton about our apparent insurance policy with Enterprise which we have no idea what it is! OH says maybe it is for our apex weatherboarding but we will wait and see. They quote a policy number but the letter is like another language.
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    Sorry, I checked this thread for a week and then forgot all about it and missed your replies! Thought I had subscribed to it (so would get a notification of replies) but guess I didn't.....

Did you ever get any further in unraveling the mystery? :)
  • Bigtms
    Options
    Hi.can anyone advise me where I can get solar panel insurance as the company I bought mine from has gone into liquidation.many Thanks
  • tasticz
    tasticz Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bigtms wrote: »
    Hi.can anyone advise me where I can get solar panel insurance as the company I bought mine from has gone into liquidation.many Thanks

make a new thread mate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport