buy as you view/dunraven finance----HELP

Options
this is a letter i sent to bayv/dunraven finance and await their reply. anyone care to give their opinion/ideas?

24 July 2008
Dunraven Finance LTD
T9 Rhondda
Forest View Business Park
Llantrisant
CF72 8LX

Agreement Number: **************

To Whom It May Concern
I am writing this letter in defence of the arrears on the above account.
At my previous address, ****************** I started my agreement with the purchase of a 32inch television. Payment was made on time every 8 weeks by way of a collection by my local agent Alex. No arrears were ever accrued.
Problems started when I moved to my current address, Flat 48, *************************8RN.

I started a new agreement where I purchased a bedroom suite consisting of:
1 x bed base
1 x mattress
2 x walldrobes
2 x 3 drawer wide chests
2 x 3 drawer bedside cabinets
All the above was ordered in the dark pine.
Upon delivery of these items was when the problems first started.
1, Only part of the order was delivered
2, No handles were delivered
3, Five months on, I still don’t have matching bedside
Cabinets. One is correct with 3 drawers and in dark
Pine, One is in light beech and consists of 1 drawer
And a door. PICTURES INCLUDED.
4, The mattress has already collapsed on one side with
Springs poking through the top
PICTURES INCLUDED.
5, My local agent Geoff started refusing to make
Collections due to being afraid to enter the block of
Flats.
6, I was then told by Geoff that he shouldn’t of sold to
Me because I was living in a flat
Upon numerous phone calls I finally had an agent call round to empty the collection box and was told I was to be placed on a weekly debt call to collect money each Thursday morning. This was fine by me but these collections never materialised.

I have made various calls about this to various departments and the answer each time is that an agent will call but these just materialise to another day wasted waiting in for the agent to never appear. I also found out that agents have been calling at 48, **************for me instead of Flat 48, ******************** because agents arnt allowed to sell to flats so they assume I live at 48, *********** Road instead.
I am angry that I have been bought into arrears due to no fault of my own. I rely on the agent collecting my payments, therefore if the payments arnt collected then they arnt made.
All I want to do is make my regular payments and receive the furniture I ordered.
I have been sleeping on the sofa for the last 3 months due to the failure of the mattress which is in breech of THE SALE OF GOODS ACT as it is not fit for purpose but I have been told that this cant be replaced due to the arrears on the account which are through no fault of my own.
The same has been said about the mis-matched furniture.
I suspect the fault here lies with Geoff who sold the items to me when items arnt meant to be sold to people who reside in high rise flats. Therefore I don’t feel I should be penilised for something which is not my fault.
I await your reply.
Yours sincerely

Emma Burgoyne-Daniels
2015.......I aim to have a tidy de cluttered house by Xmas :)

Dream as if you will live forever
Live as if you will die today

fear is temporary, regret is forever

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would run it through a spell checker before sending!

Also, you don't really conclude with what you actually want. Are you happy to keep the non matching furniture, and have the mattress replaced, or do you want them all taking away, and your credit agreement cancelled?

Could you not just get a few things of freecycle (for free!), then save up and buy some nicer furniture when you have the money?

ps - you need to block out your name and address from your post. Otherwise someone could set up some sort of credit agreement in your name!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • edaniels1983
    Options
    i received a letter demanding full payment due to mounting arrears due to payments not being collected by agents hence why i sent the letter.

have been told items cant be returned or aggreement cancelled.
    2015.......I aim to have a tidy de cluttered house by Xmas :)

Dream as if you will live forever
    Live as if you will die today

fear is temporary, regret is forever
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ok, you might want to re-word it, so it makes it a little clearer what you're wanting from them.

I think what you need to tell them is that:

1) You want your credit agreement re-instation, as you have never defaulted, and it's not your fault the money collection people didn't turn up. For the weeks/months that they didn't turn up, offer them the money (I presume you have it!!).
    2) The mattress is not fit for purpose, and unless they replace it, you'll be contacting Trading Standards.
    3) You want the incorrect furniture replacing with correct furniture (although if you've used the furniture, then that's accepting it!)
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • hazeleyes68
    hazeleyes68 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    check out the facebook Buy As You view Group . These postings are only part of whats on there

I'm a producer from ITV Wales News and we'd like to do a story on this company to warn other people. If you live in Wales and have been a victim and would like to contribute then please get in touch. We are happy to ensure that contributors are kept anonymous. Sarah
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    hazeleyes68 you need to obtain permission from MSE to do this. Your posts will be deleted.
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    Could you make an appointment at the Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them to clarify your rights and write the letter for you? They will probably have had experience of this company before.

I also would make sure you keep accurate records of all contact, visits, phone calls to them etc.
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    This thread is more than 18 months old!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business