Second Purse Challenge 2012

Options

Comments

• Savvybunny2009
    Options
    Does anyone know wht time the Mr M deals are updated? Have £10 allocated to spend there tomorrow but was hoping to see the offer before going out. Any really good offers there currently, bar the veg ones that ended today?
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been lurking as I'm creating a nice stock pile, but not buying it back to create a second purse, I will get there I'm sure :o

Buys this weekend

Sains Persil washing powder 50 wash size was £12 now £6
    Huggies wet wipes buy one get 2 free. Quite pleased to have some nice quality ones as been buying basic.

Going to pop to asda tomorrow as read on another thread golden syrup is 2 for a £1 so will check it out, our asda is always out of stock if its on offer though.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=syrup&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=185679
  • enaraven
    Options
    it sound good and i can do this if some one purchase from my online store
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok is it quite sad that im quite protective over my loo rolls? Had DD calling me from the loo 'muuuuuuuuuuuum theres no toilet roll!!' and I would only allow her 1 out of the 50 odd rolls in the stockpile :rotfl: See my thought is that if there is only 1 roll in the bathroom the kids might believe thats all we have and be a bit more economical with it :think: . . . or it may be I just dont want to share :rotfl:
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2012 at 10:24AM
    Options
    well I'mtaking ti very steady and not stockpiling loads yet BUT its already working i can tell - spent my first £9 - and have bought back a couple of things and already have £6 back as well as the stock. Will use that to buy half price king prawns in Morrisons this week as they are a freezer staple for us :)

ETA Looks like tesco and Sains have the smae deal pn pranws - but M are slightly cheaper @£2.24 rather than £2.50.

I shall get 3 I think.
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Added to my 'shop' on Saturday with a purchase of 2 x Kenco really rich refills at £3 each in Sainsbugs. Think they are normally £4.39 so will pay back £4 when I use them.

Currently have £105.50 worth of stock and £10.63 in 2nd purse. Each day this week I'll be using 2 x juice cartons (lunchbox size) for the children, so will make a tab of what I owe and pay on Friday.

jakes-mum - I too am very protective over the loo rolls. I have hidden them so no one can raid my secret stash:rotfl:
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • HelenPie
    Options
    Hello :wave:

I've been MIA for a while but am back!!

My finances are a bit all over the place at the moment and grocery budget owes second purse at least £20 right now, which I hope to correct at month end (25th for me) when I know what on earth I've been doing for the month :o

I haven't even been shopping since my last update - have felt too tired to go and so have been sending OH out for basics only. He's actually been pretty good and buying budget items where possible, though he's also been buying me 'treats' to cheer me up. Unfortunately, though those food treats do cheer me up in the short term, they only make me worse in the end, so I need to up my will power and have a word with him again - I don't need encouragement to eat badly :p Bless him though. :)

Mothership I have to mention that I was at my mum's at the weekend and told her about the Superfoods book. She said "do you mean this one?" and pulled a copy off of her kitchen shelf :rotfl: Should have known she'd be ahead of the game ;)

I'm giving up on the low carb diet in favour of my old candida diet instead - focus on health, not weight loss. It should also help by food budget at the same time as I can reintroduce basic foods such as pasta and rice :) And I'm permanently cheating on the diet anyway so it's a complete waste of energy and money :o

Hope you're all doing ok (sorry I've not had a chance to read and find out :o)

H xx
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • eddi
    eddi Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    I'm off to C0stc0 after work this evening so will post up the price comparisons of anything worthwhile and everyday stuff like bread, milk, loo rolls, tea bags, cheese etc :)
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I a very sad person or what?My AF order arrived at about 11am and is now sat in the middle of the kitchen unopened...because I wanted the babies to go to bed so I can clean the kitchen and then unpack!

Had a giggle at DH yesterday-we went into MrS to get some of the weight watchers soup that Flying Fresan posted about,also got yoghurts for DS1 for school.So leaving the store DH says "oh carp we gotta go back in there-we need nutella and penguins for his lunchbox too,so obviously I piped up that we have in stock at PP. He was really impressed:)

Eddi, while youre at C0stc0 (if you havent gone yet) could you have a sqizz and see if they stock any weight watchers stuff please? I was going to go today but then i remembered my AF order. and im curious to know if they do because I picked up effectively 16 meals this weekend for roughly £13 which I think is realy good-but if I can bring it down that would be good.
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    oooh polka dot mine is due between half 2 & half 3! My kids think it is xmas when the boxes arrive lol i never get away with opening it myself ;) i have sadly cleaned my kitchen in anticipation for it though :p haha
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF- £205.75/300 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport