Doggy swimming

Options
2»

Comments

• yellowbear
    Options
    I think £15 for 30 mins is quite reasonable.

I have a lab who loves the water. She can smell it a mile off, but ask her to go in the garden for a wee when it's raining and you almost have to prise her paws off the door frame!
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    arbrighton wrote: »
    Trying to guess what Ripple, my miniature poodle would make of it. She swims and retrieves very well but will only go in if she can walk in rather than jump!

There's a wooden ramp up to the rim of the pool, then another ramp that goes into the pool and which can be pushed down into it. Having said that, it's the only time mine are a little cautious, so they tend to get a big shove to get them in! Last time the Shepherd went right under the water but came up with a big grin and set off to find the nearest tennis ball! He's so confident now, just loves it!
  • catkins
    catkins Posts: 5,703 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I took my dog when he was a puppy. It was just for fun really and because it is good exercise.

He went once a week for about 10 weeks but he never liked it much. He never wanted to swim and you would have to walk along with him encouraging him all the time (my OH used to go in with him as I hate water).

We stopped taking him because it seemed pointless which was a shame
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
  • Caroline_a
    Options
    Took the dogs for a long walk at the weekend where there was a stream with a lovely clear deep pool. The GSD has always just stayed in his own depth before but this time he swam all over, happily chasing sticks! So it's done him lots of good that way!
  • jumbojuice
    Options
    Sounds amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills