Tevion 32" LCD TV

Options

Comments

• sallysaver
    Options
    I have just logged onto the Aldi site and clicked onto the special buys page, (it lists last Sundays & Thursday 7/02) All the special offer items are displayed apart from the TV which is a bit strange. Sally
  • sheslookinhot
    Options
    Yes, its a true HD, 1080. It is in the latest mailshot I picked up on Monday.

Very good value.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • weegie.geek
    weegie.geek Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Options
    Got a model number? Or can you scan it if possible? I'll be popping in tomorrow, so I'll scan it if you can't.

I don't have a spare £350 at the mo, or I'd be grabbing one, assuming it's 1080p like you say. :D
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
  • ppg
    ppg Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    ??? confused about what is meant by true HD as the resolution on my leaflet says 1366 * 768. So seems its not full HD as that is 1920 * 1080 isn't it?

Do you mean it can accept a 1080 Progressive signal as well as 1080 I ??

BTW my local Aldi has forms for ordering and pick up when arrived.
  • rodpmichael
    Options
    I Brought The 47" And The Sky Man Who Installed My Hd Box Thought The Picture Was The Best He's Seen Had No Problem With The Tv At All Had Nearly A Year. A Couple Of Gripes The Remote Can Be A Bit Hit And Miss Have To Fiddle With Batteries No Codes For Sky Box To Be Compatable With The Tv
  • weegie.geek
    Options
    ppg wrote: »
    ??? confused about what is meant by true HD as the resolution on my leaflet says 1366 * 768. So seems its not full HD as that is 1920 * 1080 isn't it?

Do you mean it can accept a 1080 Progressive signal as well as 1080 I ??

BTW my local Aldi has forms for ordering and pick up when arrived.

if it's only 1366*768 it's not true hd, nope. It might well downscale from 1080p or 1080i, but it's nowhere near the full HD res of 1920*1080 which is a pity, but not a surprise. :(
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    On a 32" TV, 1080P isn't really going to make much difference to picture quality, and nobody is going to broadcast at that level in the foreseeable future either.

So don't worry about it.
  • weegie.geek
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    On a 32" TV, 1080P isn't really going to make much difference to picture quality, and nobody is going to broadcast at that level in the foreseeable future either.

So don't worry about it.

It's not just about broadcasting, it's bluray, hddvd, consoles, downloaded content, and the sub-£800 Sony HDR-HC3, a 1080i camcorder, among other things.

I disagree about it not making much difference to PQ as well, i can tell the difference on a 24" screen.
  • kevsam_2
    Options
    Not sure that these sets are available nationally, hence not appearing on the website or blanket e-mailed twice-weekly leaflet.

Interesting that some stores are allowing pre-order. My father is hoping to get one in Mid Wales tomorrow and has been told that he cannot pre-order.

Mind you, the local manager is apparently a bit of a numpty, so it could just be down to that!

My parents are both retired, have typically wrinkly eyesight and funnilly enough are unlikely to decide to get into gaming, so in comparision with other deals on their horizons available at the moment (e.g. hugely inferior Bush 26" in Argos at £299) this looks a really good bargain - particularly with the 3 year waranty.

I appreciate that t'internet might offer comperable bargains, but there is something quite nice about buying a set in the morning and watching it that evening.

Now the wait for the inevitable series of phonecalls as they struggle to install it!

;)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    It's not just about broadcasting, it's bluray, hddvd, consoles, downloaded content, and the sub-£800 Sony HDR-HC3, a 1080i camcorder, among other things.

I disagree about it not making much difference to PQ as well, i can tell the difference on a 24" screen.

Well I am sure the majority of people buying this TV will not have any of the above, and as for PQ on a 24 screen, well I will just have to believe you, I personally cannot see any difference on a 37" screen.

Well nothing worth paying through the nose for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure