Preacceptance, what credit limit ?

Options
Good morning,
I am in the market for an interest free credit card deal as my current one expires shortly. I have had a look and completed the pre eligibility checks on this site and have been pre approved for several including the Virgin 0% deal. My query is how do I know what my credit limit will be before I apply ? I don't want to apply and find they only give me £1200 when I need £4000 to pay of my current card ? I did put in £4000 when I completed the pre eligibility form so will it take that into consideration when advising you of the deals available to you ?
Many thanks for the help
Sara :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You won't know until you're accepted.

But don't decline it if it doesn't cover the full amount, as you will still be saving.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    As zx81 said, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

£1200 at 0% is better than £0 at 0%, you'll have the search on your file either way.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saracee67 wrote: »
    Good morning,
    I am in the market for an interest free credit card deal as my current one expires shortly. I have had a look and completed the pre eligibility checks on this site and have been pre approved for several including the Virgin 0% deal. My query is how do I know what my credit limit will be before I apply ? I don't want to apply and find they only give me £1200 when I need £4000 to pay of my current card ? I did put in £4000 when I completed the pre eligibility form so will it take that into consideration when advising you of the deals available to you ?
    Many thanks for the help
    Sara :)

Oh no you haven't
  • The_Real_Cheddar_Bob
    Options
    as above, its only a guide based on information the tool has about you, The actual information on your credit file and what the company your applying to has about you will count.

Try not to fall into the trap of repeatedly applying.

as said above, £1200 on 0% will give you £2800, much lower interest than £4000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure