Lionbridge

Options

Comments

• scorpianking02
    Options
    rachelja wrote: »
    Anyone else doing the pre-screening test?

Did you get a reply? I applied last Friday but still havn't heard back :mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you get a reply? I applied last Friday but still havn't heard back :mad:

I applied way back at the start of May and got the screening test through yesterday. Think they have had a lot of applications maybe?
  • lauzellen
    lauzellen Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    I applied 2 weeks ago for both the assessor and judge roles and not heard a thing - much like you didn't rachel - seeing as how they've only just got round to you (eventually) I shall keep my fingers crossed that I hear something in the next few weeks. Did they ever respond to any of your emails or just suddenly send you the test?

I've a science degree & I'm a qualified science teacher to A-level. I also worked as an analyst for 3 years before deciding to train as a teacher so my education & skills won't be a problem. I could do with the extra income (even if it had turned out to be min wage) so if it's well paid into the bargain too i'd be chuffed to get the job.

With the assessor role I know it's 10 - 20 hours a week - does this have to be mon-fri ir can it also be weekends? As I noticed it said the judge was 20hrs mon-fri. Maybe the assessor would be best as seems I could be back at my full time job from maternity by the time I get a response and possibly a job with them.

Sorry i've rambled on there!
    Daughters Sealed Saving Pot - start them young :money: £90 :T
  • karms12
    karms12 Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2010 at 7:22PM
    Options
  • truly1
    truly1 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too. Definately a significant maths skills part to the test.
    1373/10000
  • scorpianking02
    Options
    truly1 wrote: »
    Me too. Definately a significant maths skills part to the test.

Is there an interview for internet judge? I heard there is. If you can provide any details I would appreciate it :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lauzellen wrote: »
    I applied 2 weeks ago for both the assessor and judge roles and not heard a thing - much like you didn't rachel - seeing as how they've only just got round to you (eventually) I shall keep my fingers crossed that I hear something in the next few weeks. Did they ever respond to any of your emails or just suddenly send you the test?

I've a science degree & I'm a qualified science teacher to A-level. I also worked as an analyst for 3 years before deciding to train as a teacher so my education & skills won't be a problem. I could do with the extra income (even if it had turned out to be min wage) so if it's well paid into the bargain too i'd be chuffed to get the job.

With the assessor role I know it's 10 - 20 hours a week - does this have to be mon-fri ir can it also be weekends? As I noticed it said the judge was 20hrs mon-fri. Maybe the assessor would be best as seems I could be back at my full time job from maternity by the time I get a response and possibly a job with them.

Sorry i've rambled on there!

No they didn't respond to my emails, I had given up hope when I got the pre-screen test through. They said there was a lot of interest in the positions at the moment. I found the test quite tough but I hope to get results mon am. Anyone else done the test?
  • HH62
    HH62 Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    karms12 wrote: »
    i applied for the role of internet judge and 2 of the 4 tests included maths skills.

Thanks - just felt we needed to clarify because as I said, if I'd read your post before I applied I wouldn't have bothered - no maths skills here!

So for other readers
    Internet Assessor job - no maths skills required :j

Internet Judge - higher paid - maths skills needed!:eek:
  • scorpianking02
    Options
    HH62 wrote: »
    So for other readers
    Internet Assessor job - no maths skills required :j

Internet Judge - higher paid - maths skills needed!:eek:

How do you know internet judge is higher paid? Did you apply for both?
  • HH62
    HH62 Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you know internet judge is higher paid? Did you apply for both?

No I only applied for the assessor role, I don't think that I have the skills for the judge role.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure