HL share dealing account "no charge"

Options
2»

Comments

• Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Halifax also have no admin fee. They normally charge £12.50 a deal but have a cheap dealing day each month at £3.95. There is one next Wednesday.

[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]You can also make one off investments for a £2 dealing charge by using the regular investments option. However in that case the deal goes through a few days later rather than immediately but that is ok for say dividend reinvestment.[/FONT]
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is that correct? I am being charged the standard 0.45% for the ISA and SIPP.
    That's because you are using funds not company shares, investment trusts or EFTs
    That's only true for shares though isn't it? I thought funds were uncapped?
    Absolutely, funds are uncapped. However the thread relates to the 'HL share dealing account'
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,622 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    That's because you are using funds not company shares, investment trusts or EFTs
    Absolutely, funds are uncapped. However the thread relates to the 'HL share dealing account'

It's actually the Fund & Share account but you're right it doesn't apply to shares

http://www.hl.co.uk/investment-services/fund-and-share-account
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

It was of my understanding (and perhaps of others) that the op used the term 'share dealing account' with reference to the non-ISA account aka Vantage Fund & Share account that HL offer. As the actual name suggests, it can accomodate both shares and funds.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    It's actually the Fund & Share account but you're right it doesn't apply to shares
    For sure, but without wanting to descend to levels of pedantry (or Wiki links) seen in other threads, that would be why I mentioned it ;)
    None, that's the deal for the Fund and Share account
    It was of my understanding (and perhaps of others) that the op used the term 'share dealing account' with reference to the non-ISA account aka Vantage Fund & Share account that HL offer. As the actual name suggests, it can accomodate both shares and funds.
    Indeed, it can hold both but the OP refers to the £11.95 transaction fee which doesn't apply to funds, only shares
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A_T wrote: »
    Thanks.

I was wondering if I invest 10k in just one ETF, I'm thinking of HSBC ETFs Plc MSCI World ETF GBP (HMWO) which has an annual fee of .15%, will I incur any foreign exchange charges from HL. Or will I just pay the £11.95 deal charge then no further charges from HL just the .15% fund charge?

HMWO is a London listed ETF priced in Pounds and paying dividends in Pounds. Therefore there will be no foreign exchange charges. Any foreign conversion costs are born by the fund and aren't visible to you, no different to say Vanguard which will be buyinga s selling shares globally but you just see the U.K. Prices.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think there's much of a 'catch' for the punter. But I can't help thinking, 'What's in it for the broker'?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure