The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 4 challenge (MFiT-T4)

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 April 2017 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Just updated was hoping for another tiny o/p, but that can wait.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Balance now £20,500 :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Chart 5

Some great progress made, I can't quite believe the next chart will be half way through!!!

I'm not quite sure how I have caught up but currently in the final stage of completing my first camper interior for a paying customer to their specification, long may that continue. I have dropped to 4 days at my main job to free up some time for the upholstery so that reduction will show in the next quarter.
    I went over the PSA limit by a whole 35p :rotfl: I want to try and arrange sending the tax due from it to HRMC by cheque :rotfl:

I may do some half way stats from chart 6 if people are interested?

Keep on going everyone!
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What lovely news on the camper project, trix! & :rotfl: on the 35p!

Would love to see some halfway (halfway! :eek:) stats :T

Thanks for another chart! :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 April 2017 at 9:47AM
    Options
    Brilliant. Thanks Trix.

I am firmly in the red, but plodding on. Given differences between mortgage rates and current stock market rates/tax benefits from pension payments, am feeding any spare cash into this, but plan to gradually up my rate of payments into the mortgage soon.

Well done all

Brizzle
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Welshlassie
    Welshlassie Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I haven't updated for a while *hangs head in shame* sorry!

We've had a change of focus and now instead of actually paying off our mortgage we are saving frantically to extend the house next year. Our current deal comes to an end in January so we're planning on extending the mortgage to pay for the extension. We anticipate it all costing us about £50k so want to save as much as possible. The pot is currently at £11k so making lots of progress. Hoping it will be nearly £20k by the end of the year so don't have to borrow quite so much in January.

Not sure how to reflect that for the challenge though??
  • ang4k
    ang4k Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Back on track now after a bad year. I have some catching up to do. I see everyone is doing great so it is a good incentive to keep going. Thank you
    MFiT-T4- reduce mortgage from 61000 to 40000
    2018 MFW no 17 : 8000/10100.00. 2019 MFW no 17: 2150/8000
    MFIT-T5-completely clear my £35000.00 mortgage
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Oh rats, been away from the website for AGES and totally forgot about April's update!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Huge apology but i've been AWOL for 6 months and missed 2 chart updates. I've just submitted forms for Jan and Apr but accept i'm very rudely late and worthy of being sacked from the challenge!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    No worries Jimmy life happens, have put them in, looks like you haven't been slacking on the overpayments
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Huge apology but i've been AWOL for 6 months and missed 2 chart updates. I've just submitted forms for Jan and Apr but accept i'm very rudely late and worthy of being sacked from the challenge!

:naughty::naughty::naughty: Consider yourself ticked off - :j:j:j Glad your back :D:D:D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport