PPI Confirmation

Options
Hi, Hoping someone can clarify a few issues for me who is inexperienced in these matters. I used resolver to find out with several companies if I had PPI with them and I'm confused with the next steps I should take.

Clydesdale Bank - This was the 1st one a I made complaint as opposed to asking for confrmation first. They sent what looks like an automated complaint reply. My question is should I re-use resolver to request PPI confirmation?

Northern Rock - Confirmed I had PPI, so I've preogressed complaint.

MBNA - Conifrmed I had 4 accounts, 3 with PPI but only one with a Premium paid of £99 in 2000. I am assuming this is only 1 complaint.

Lloyds TSB - have not confirmed anything but sent a large questionaire which seems to be normal from what I searched on here. I still don't have a clue if I did have PPI or if it was with Lloyds, Bank of Scotland or Halifax as i'm sure i have credit cards with them all. What should I do next?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Clydesdale Bank - This was the 1st one a I made complaint as opposed to asking for confrmation first. They sent what looks like an automated complaint reply. My question is should I re-use resolver to request PPI confirmation?

If they have already registered it as a complaint then let it go through the complaints process.
    Lloyds TSB - have not confirmed anything but sent a large questionaire which seems to be normal from what I searched on here. I still don't have a clue if I did have PPI or if it was with Lloyds, Bank of Scotland or Halifax as i'm sure i have credit cards with them all. What should I do next?

Ring Lloyds if you want to find out for sure or fill the questionnaire in.

Resolver helps in some areas but can hinder others. Lloyds may have just got the resolver note through and automatically sent the forms. Or it may be they found some.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ironballs
    Options
    Thank you. I've read a few of your posts when researching and you seem to very informed Cheers! :beer:
  • ironballs
    ironballs Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Further to this i used resolver to ask for PPI confirmation from Cahoot, Black Horse and Halifax but I have not received any reply since these were submitted on the 9th of February. What should my next steps be with these 3 companies?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Contact them directly and cut out the middleman.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ironballs wrote: »
    What should my next steps be with these 3 companies?
    If Resolver doesn't work, then don't use Resolver.

Why don't you just contact these lenders directly to ask if you had PPI?
  • ironballs
    ironballs Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will do, thanks guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts