VAT Disbursements

Options
Hi All
I am having a slight panic as I have only just realised that the VAT threshold is a rolling 12 month period and not my tax year- tax year! (stupid I know)

Looking at my turnover this would have put me over 3 of the last 4 months. I knew I would be close by the end of my tax year but I didn't think to check as I had a quiet start to my last tax year.

However after doing a bit more reading I have a feeling some of my turnover would be classed as Disbursements and would mean I am below the threshold by about £10k or more.

The disbursements I am referring to are Planning Application fees. I am an Architect and charge clients for the planning application fee when I invoice for my services. This is clearly listed as a separate fee on my invoice and is for the exact amount of the application fee.

All the planning applications have the client listed on the applications and myself as the agent. Therefore I am only doing this for their convenience and from my reading this would be deemed a disbursement?

I am looking to get an accountant very soon but thought I would ask this question to hopefully put me at ease!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport