Options

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yanling wrote: »
    Cheers!
    So I do not need to rebalance by myself. the manager who runs the fund in a portfolio will rebalance it , it is right?

Yup you just need to pick the mixed asset fund that matches your investment outlook and risk appetite and buy units with your contributions. The fund manager will automatically rebalance the assets within the fund.

If you pick an accumulation fund the dividends are also automatically reinvested by the fund manager.

Then you just need to make sure you are paying your ongoing platform fees. The fund fees are automatically deducted from within the fund.

Alex
  • Yanling
    Yanling Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can not believe it. it is so easy?
    I will definitely look into Cavendish tomorrow.
    Thanks so much folks!
    Good night
  • Joey_Soap
    Joey_Soap Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can not believe it. it is so easy?
    I will definitely look into Cavendish tomorrow.
    Thanks so much folks!
    Good night
    You may also choose to look at Close Bros who offer a low cost SIPP for the same 0.25% annual fee as Cavendish. At Cavendish you will use the Fidelity fund shop and I know a lot of people complain about Fidelity for poor admin and poor customer service. At Close Bros, you use their own platform and my own experience with them (3 SIPPs in the family) has been very positive.
  • Yanling
    Options
    Joey_Soap wrote: »
    You may also choose to look at Close Bros who offer a low cost SIPP for the same 0.25% annual fee as Cavendish. At Cavendish you will use the Fidelity fund shop and I know a lot of people complain about Fidelity for poor admin and poor customer service. At Close Bros, you use their own platform and my own experience with them (3 SIPPs in the family) has been very positive.
    Hi, thanks for the help. At Cavendish, does HSBC Global Strategy include Fidelity fund shop? A I able to avoid Fidelity fund?
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,639 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yanling - I would just ignore Joey's suggestion as he has confused you again when you had reached a level of comfort. For someone who is just going to hand over your money, rather than actively trading, I am sure that using the Cavendish platform to hold a mixed asset fund such as HSBC will be fine.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Yanling
    edited 9 February 2018 at 11:39AM
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Yanling - I would just ignore Joey's suggestion as he has confused you again when you had reached a level of comfort. For someone who is just going to hand over your money, rather than actively trading, I am sure that using the Cavendish platform to hold a mixed asset fund such as HSBC will be fine.
    Thanks MallyGirl x
    I am going to invest for pension for 12 years when I am 67. Do I need to do something by myself for the investment needs such as changing the proportion of the equality, fund, bond ect over the years?
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    I would do a bit more research to work out what you attitude to risk is. If you are thinking HSBC Global Strategy this will guide you to whether you are a 'Balanced' type of person or a 'Dynamic' (higher risk might lead to higher returns but it also might not).
    You then open your new SIPP on Cavendish (for example) and deposit some money. You buy your chosen fund for that money and sit back and wait till you retire. You can put more money in use that to buy the same fund. Within the fund they adjust the ratio of equity to bonds/property/cash/whatever else is in there all for you. You do not need to do anything.

If you started out as a higher risk tolerant person with the Dynamic fund you might choose to move to a lower risk level as you near retirement. You could swap everything to the new fund or you could gradually transfer over time or you could just choose to put new money in the lower risk selection. That is something to think about in the future.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Yanling
    Options
    Good evening all, Thank Alex and MayllyGirl in particular.
    I am looking into the Cavendish website, seeing HSBC global strategy funds, they have
    HSBC global strategy balanced portfolio C Acc
    HSBC global strategy balanced portfolio C Inc,
    HSBC global strategy dynamic portfolio Acc,
    HSBC global strategy dynamic portfolio Inc.
    For balanced portfolio which one should I take?
    For dynamic portfolio which one should I take?
    https://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/investments/fund-research/
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all, Thank Alex and MayllyGirl in particular.
    I am looking into the Cavendish website, seeing HSBC global strategy funds, they have
    HSBC global strategy balanced portfolio C Inc,
    HSBC global strategy dynamic portfolio Acc,
    HSBC global strategy dynamic portfolio Inc.
    For balanced portfolio which one should I take?
    For dynamic portfolio which one should I take?
    https://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/investments/fund-research/

As your current aim is to increase your wealth, you would want the accumulation version of the funds, so that would be either:

or;

HSBC global strategy dynamic portfolio Acc

Acc stands for accumulation and Inc stands for income. With accumulation your dividends are reinvested, which is what you want at the moment.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    I don!!!8217;t know Cavendish- it is not a platform I use - so you would need to look at the fees they charge.
    I can explain the Inc and Acc bit though.
    If you buy an Acc fund then any dividends that are generated get automatically invested back in the fund. You do not need to worry about it.
    If you buy the same fund, but the Inc version, then the dividends get paid out as cash into your SIPP account. You then need to reinvest them which will incur a transaction fee.
    Acc is easier for now.
    You might choose Inc (at retirement) if you need to withdraw an income from the SIPP as you can withdraw the cash dividend without having to pay transaction fees for selling some funds.
    This is a simplified explanation but I hope it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure