Does anyone have a Sense or Hisense television?

Options
Hello

A good few years ago I think it was Asda that sold a brand of television called Semse but I think they are now called Hisense.

I have a clent who has a 7-8 year old, 19-20 inch white sense television that is faulty & I need to replace it for a like for like television because the transformer cable runs in the plaster in the wall(transformer is in the ceiling) with 30 volt AC(very unusual input voltage to a television) to power the television. The television is displaying a CCTV image.

The only televisions I can see to buy are either 230 volt AC or 12 volt DC. I have thought about the rectifier route but I just wondered if anyone has an old WHITE Sense television & I'd pay over the market value of it to make it worthwhile for you.

Thank you
Joey

Comments

• chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pointless. Use this as an opportunity to replace. Either dig out the old cable and replace with new or cut it off either end leaving it buried and re-route a new cable.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Leave the cable in and just change the transformer on the input end and plug on the outlet end.
  • Joeycat1969
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I can't get to the transformer because it's buried in a plaster boarded & painted ceiling, also the output cable from the encapsulated transformer is buried in the plaster so I can't pull another cable through.

I'm close to setting up a rectifier to give me 12-14 volts DC, it's a bit long winded however the client won't have to get a decorator in to repair the wall & ceiling.

Thank you
    Joey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family