Any good websites to compare funds returns after costs/fees?

Options
Hi All

I've been looking at trustnet and researching into the top performing sectors followed by the best performing funds within those, however there are variances in the fees as you'd expect.

Wanted some advice from the more experienced members, are there any calculators or websites which let you work out the returns after you take into account all the fees? at the moment looks like some funds perform slightly better but the higher fees could make you worse off.

Apologies if this sounds like a basic question I'm still learning the ins and outs before I invest..

Thanks

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    dellboy102 wrote: »
    Hi All

I've been looking at trustnet and researching into the top performing sectors followed by the best performing funds within those, however there are variances in the fees as you'd expect.

Wanted some advice from the more experienced members, are there any calculators or websites which let you work out the returns after you take into account all the fees? at the moment looks like some funds perform slightly better but the higher fees could make you worse off.

Apologies if this sounds like a basic question I'm still learning the ins and outs before I invest..

Thanks

The returns shown on Trustnet are after the fund fees have been taken into account.

The platform on which you hold funds will of course have its own charging structure, and those fees will have to be factored in to calculate your personal return.
  • dellboy102
    dellboy102 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, theres a lot of information on trustnet so I must have missed that!

Are there any other websites you would recommend besides trustnet? goal is to find the best fund for my needs, will also compare to trackers, at the moment funds seem to be winning for me based on 5 year returns i've seen on the top sectors on trustnet.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dellboy102 wrote: »
    goal is to find the best fund for my needs, will also compare to trackers, at the moment funds seem to be winning for me based on 5 year returns i've seen on the top sectors on trustnet.
    Apart from ETFs most index trackers are funds. I'd get this straight in your head before looking at fees
  • dellboy102
    dellboy102 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Apart from ETFs most index trackers are funds. I'd get this straight in your head before looking at fees
    I meant more in terms of actively managed funds vs passive trackers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure